Newton Vehicles in Irrlicht Tutorial

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

Hello all,

Glad to see you're having some success! I'm sorry I haven't updated my tutorial, but now that I've more or less finished Witch I do intend to bring it up to scratch. If I remember correctly I initially built it with Newton 1.32, Irrlicht 0.12 (ish?) and Visual C++ 6. I tried to compile it again more recently with Newton 1.35 and couldn't get it working - the tyres just went straight through the floor. It seems Zuess has sorted that out, so kudos to you! I'm currently travelling home to the UK from Japan (overland!), so I won't get a chance to work on it until September, but I do want to do more on it!

Once again cheers all, great to see it's still getting used, and rest assured I haven't abandoned it!

ps I would be happy to host any of these updates on nick-online, so they can have a permanent home
Image Image
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

I have spent some time updating all this, and got a little carried away. The result is IPhysics, a suite of classes for seamlessly integrating Newton into an Irrlicht project. Check the link in my signature or look at this thread.
Image Image