IPhysics - Newton/Irrlicht framework

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
The Pie God

Post by The Pie God »

hmmm..sorry

so any ideas on how to help??
Coolkat88

Post by Coolkat88 »

looking good Nick..
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@The Pie God: IPhysics should work quite happily on OSX - it's just a set of wrapper classes in C++, nothing platform specific there. I don't know if the precompiled libraries would work though (the .lib was made with MS Visual C++ - wouldn't bet on it), so probably the best way is just to include the source directly into your project. The errors you're getting are to do with the callbacks by the looks of things, but make sure it's not just an incompatible library first.

Character controller on the way - working on it at the moment. I'm starting a new job tomorrow (!) though, so I can't tell if I'm either going to be inspired to do even more programming, or if by the time I get home I won't even want to look at a computer...
Image Image
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

Whoah! Scratch that - laptop has just exploded. Currently posting on my whizzy new mobile. At least i'm not in japan any more, where repairs take upwards of a month. Get well soon cards welcome at the usual address
Image Image
vickylh

how to

Post by vickylh »

thx!
The Pie God

Post by The Pie God »

nope, no change :x
Baiame

Post by Baiame »

Can somebody please explain how to set up this wrapper and Newton for use in Dev-cpp? I first followed the instructions for the wrapper, then I put newtonSDK/sdk under "include directories", all the lib_ directories under "library dirs", and the Newton .dll in the path, and needless to say it didn't work. There's really nothing in the Newton documentation explaining this.

Hang on, does it have something to do with the fact that I'm using Dev-cpp?

EDIT2- Well, Newton hadn't been properly set up, but Dev-cpp still returns a host of errors regarding various IPhysics files.
EDIT3- Haha, in the future I'll read the entire topic before losing patience. Unfortunately Nick's site seems to be down at the moment, and I can't be bothered to compile the .a at the moment.
Last edited by Baiame on Wed Nov 01, 2006 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
goaty

Post by goaty »

Firstly, I'd have to say a big bravo for IPhysics and it's developer! But then I'd have to say a big boo to Newton for it's restriction on open source and it's origins. :cry: Just had to let that one out.
goaty

Post by goaty »

fatal error LNK1173: unable to find entrypoint 'DllGetObjHandler' in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\Vc7\bin\c2.dll

Also, I get that linker error too and have tried and reinstall and everything. Can anyone help or explain???

Thanx
goaty

Post by goaty »

Oh well then, moved on now.
Baiame

Post by Baiame »

Hmm, still doesn't work.

Irrlicht and Newton are set up properly, both work. In my project, IPhysics-1.2\lib is under "library directories", and IPhysics-1.2\include is under "include directories". I tried using the example 1 code and header, and every time I included IPhysics.h, I got a bunch of errors saying "In file included from...", a list, then "[Warning] no newline at end of file". The example fails to compile.

IPhysics.a is under the linker section on the parametrs tab of the project options. I was incorrectly using the .lib before, but I still get the same errors now.

Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT- I forgot to mention. All the errors returned are based on the IPhysics header files. I did try to add a new line to the end of all the headers, and it didn't work.
y2hstar

Post by y2hstar »

HEllo all..

I've been trying to use the Iphysics engine to try to add physics into my project. but apparently i'm having a little problem...

lets assume my terrain is of size 10 x 10

it seems that the field where there actually is gravity by iphysics is somehow translated by half of the size of the terrain in x and z direction away from the terrain. therefore, i only have physics and collision 1 quarter of the terrain.
any idea why???
Nick_Japan

Post by Nick_Japan »

@y2hstar: You need to make the world size bigger - use setWorldSize().

@Baiame: There might be a library mismatch between the .a and the changes I made about a week ago, as I can't compile the .a files myself. (Well, I just need to install Code::Blocks) - I would recommend just using IPhysics from source, that way you don't have to worry about the linking stuff and you'll also get debug info which makes coding easier
Image Image
Baiame

Post by Baiame »

Ah, thanks Nick. I was unaware that you had updated IPhysics since that .a was made.

EDIT- I have tried to compile the .a library. Newton and Irrlicht are properly set up in the project options (as they are in my other project). In the PhysicsGlobal header, I added #include <stdlib.h>, due to errors returned with the malloc commands, and a couple functions. After that no errors were returned upon compilation.

However, when I try using it in another project, I get the following errors repeated: "expected constructor, destructor, or type conversion before '.' token", and "expected `,' or `;' before '.' token". These appear whenever a variable or function of a class is accessed. Any ideas?
KillerXX7

Post by KillerXX7 »

Its greate!!! Respect!

One question to author: Can you share sources?
I think that they are very interesting and usefull for understanding and learning to use Newton with Irrlicht.
Think Fast, Act Right... OR Be Dead :)