IrrWizard?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Zeft

Post by Zeft »

the problem i've post before doesnt exist when i'm using irrwizard 0.14.3 it just work fine(with irrlicht 0.14 and 1.0)

it happen mostly when i shoot, if i just leave it stand still(no walking or shooting for a lot of hour), every thing is fine. but when i played it(with walking and shooting), for a random duration of time it crash.

sory for my bad english.
area51

Post by area51 »

Hi zeft

What compiler are you using? If Microsoft, release or debug?
________
Home Made Vaporizer
Last edited by area51 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zeft

Post by Zeft »

again, it happen when i shoot..(after sometime).

i'm using codeblock nightly builds may 09(with GCC compiler) on Windows XP sp2, and import project from .dev file generated by irrwizard(full framework).

and thinking bout it awhile i remember i also remove inline keyword from GameManager.h(not in the .cpp) cause it produce warning
inline function `irr::IrrlichtDevice* CGameManager::getDevice()' used but never defined
and also i comment the assert statement in the GameEntity.cpp cause it produce runtime error.

i guess that's all i can recall, never tried in different computer though..
sory for my bad english.
Zeft

Post by Zeft »

First of all sory bout the trouble, i've created a new fresh project(full framework) with irrwizard, and tried to create a new level state(copying the GameStateLevel01.cpp&.h, find and replace...) and comment the assert statement in GameEntitiy.cpp, that's all. the game works fine, no more crash(i've tried for almost an hour with walking and shooting).
maybe its something with the code that i've accidently change and cant remember where :roll:

so what about the skybox(if i'm allowed to ask in this topic) ? when i fell from the level going straight down. and then shoot the skybox the game crashed. so i guess the intersection point is way beyond f32 capacity. but why if i didnt fell, but i shoot at the sky above the game doesnt crash ?
sory for my bad english.
area51

Post by area51 »

Cloning a new level state shouldnt cause any problems if you get all occurances during your find/replace, remember to change the state instance variable.

I can't get it to crash by shooting the skybox after falling through level, it should return the camera's position if it cant find something solid to hit, ie skybox.

However there seem to be some issues that need to be fixed regarding 'release' and 'run' configurations, executables.

For the time being, the workaround is to run using 'debug'.

Make sure shadows are turned off also.

I can re-test your problems after these changes have been made for the 'release' problems
________
Weed
Computer Guru

Post by Computer Guru »

area51 wrote:Cloning a new level state shouldnt cause any problems if you get all occurances during your find/replace, remember to change the state instance variable.

I can't get it to crash by shooting the skybox after falling through level, it should return the camera's position if it cant find something solid to hit, ie skybox.

However there seem to be some issues that need to be fixed regarding 'release' and 'run' configurations, executables.

For the time being, the workaround is to run using 'debug'.

Make sure shadows are turned off also.

I can re-test your problems after these changes have been made for the 'release' problems
\

I get the skybox error too. look down and shoot.
and I can verify that the "assert" command causes those crashes too :S
Zeft

Post by Zeft »

yes, i've tried using microsoft visual studio .net 2003 & 2005(not express edtion) and build the full framework with debug options. it end up the same every time i fell from the level(only when i fell) then i shoot the game crashed.
strange cause when i use gcc(codeblocks or dev-c++) i comment the assert statement in the GameEntity.cpp, cause it produce runtime error(and why with .net i didnt have to ??) but the game still crash when i fell then shoot.
sory for my bad english.
area51

Post by area51 »

OK, thanks guys, I will correct this for next release
________
Suzuki Boulevard S50
Computer Guru

Post by Computer Guru »

Zeft wrote:yes, i've tried using microsoft visual studio .net 2003 & 2005(not express edtion) and build the full framework with debug options. it end up the same every time i fell from the level(only when i fell) then i shoot the game crashed.
strange cause when i use gcc(codeblocks or dev-c++) i comment the assert statement in the GameEntity.cpp, cause it produce runtime error(and why with .net i didnt have to ??) but the game still crash when i fell then shoot.
the assert command causes the release error, not the sky-box one.
Zeft

Post by Zeft »

the assert command causes the release error, not the sky-box one.
yes offcourse :oops:

ooh by the way, sory with spamming questions and complains. forgot to say in the first place it is a great tool, and a very cool framework that thaught me a lot :wink: .
sory for my bad english.
Veldrin

Post by Veldrin »

Two questions. I use IrrWizard so I ask them in this topic.

1) I have problem with adding new weapon. I want to use basic gun from quake 2, but when I add it, i can't see ( when I set it to my enemy, everything is ok). I can't change to good position :(

And when i set it, and shot, the game crash, I can't change gun, or shot anymore.

2) I want to export map from Quake 2 to my game. I copy *bsp file from pk3, but when I use it game crash :?

please help!

PS. Sory for my newbie, and english :(
area51

Post by area51 »

Hi,

1) Change the possition of the weapon, its probably behind or above the camera, try altering the position along the Z axis first.

2) You can't use the Quake 2 bsp format, it has to be a Quake 3 map.

Hope this helps
________
Free Gift Card
Veldrin

Post by Veldrin »

Ok i see my new weapon. But when i shoot twice, the game crach, I can't shoot anymore; change the weapon.

Firsty I set the new weapon from Quake 2, I only copy files to media directory and change the name of source in gameweaponmanager.cpp

Maybe I'am doing some terrible bugs :(
Veldrin

Post by Veldrin »

I have some question. I want to create the terrain and use the grassnode at my GameStateLevel.cpp

I can do it on my another file, not irrwizard, but whden I do the same thing at Irrwizard I can;t copile the files :?
area51

Post by area51 »

You should just need to add the include files for the new classes you're using in the GameLevelState class, grassnode and terrain etc
________
Yamaha rx 100 history
Last edited by area51 on Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.