Nun Chuck!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Lonesome Ducky wrote:Thanks! I just wish I could get a better sound for the spikes.
Nun screaming horribly for help? :lol:
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

If you shoot at a really low angle and get really fast, there is a glitch
hmm... yea. You may want to put in friction. ;)
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

Virion wrote:
Lonesome Ducky wrote:Thanks! I just wish I could get a better sound for the spikes.
Nun screaming horribly for help? :lol:
Ooh yeah, happen to know where I could get that? :wink:
Dark_Kilauea wrote:
If you shoot at a really low angle and get really fast, there is a glitch
hmm... yea. You may want to put in friction. ;)
Yeah, this is basically a work in progress, I've got a lot more things I want to add. Thanks for the suggestion!
maroxe

Post by maroxe »

can we have access to source code pls?
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Lonesome Ducky wrote: Ooh yeah, happen to know where I could get that? :wink:
I think it would be really funny if you record your own screaming sound and edit a bit. I'm sure people will like it. :lol:
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

or you could put something like aaaaaaAAAAaaaaAAaaa when the nun is flying :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

maroxe wrote:can we have access to source code pls?
Yep, just let me make it look pretty. I'll have it up in a minute. An to virion, good idea :D
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I'm planning on releasing the source code to Nun Chuck but I can't host it, is anyone willing to direct me towards a good host? It's about 14 mb.
DeM0nFiRe

Post by DeM0nFiRe »

Have you already tried Box.net? You have to register, but you get 1GB free storage.

I tried this out, by the way, it's pretty funny. Also, you should set some bounds on when the nun will bounce as opposed to slide. Towards the end of a run the nun kinda spazes out.
wITTus

Post by wITTus »

Lonesome Ducky wrote:I'm planning on releasing the source code to Nun Chuck but I can't host it, is anyone willing to direct me towards a good host? It's about 14 mb.
Hm... rapidshare? :wink:
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

This is great!!! :D
It really made me ROTFL my a.... off!
Love the nun, the sounds, the physics. Very refreshing, great job lonesome Ducky. ;)

regards,
Alvaro

Edit: about hosting the src, zip it in a file and upload it to zshare:
http://www.zshare.net/
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

DeM0nFiRe wrote:Have you already tried Box.net? You have to register, but you get 1GB free storage.

I tried this out, by the way, it's pretty funny. Also, you should set some bounds on when the nun will bounce as opposed to slide. Towards the end of a run the nun kinda spazes out.
Yeah, there is still a lot of room for improvement and hopefully I'll find the time to finish it up.

Thanks afecelis :)

I got the zip under 10 mb so I can now host it myself, here is the link: http://lonesomeducky.googlepages.com/NunChuckSource.zip
psychophoniac

Post by psychophoniac »

my highscore was 3400, or something...

a bug occured here: when i didn't change the angle of 1.000000000, and shot with perfectly 100% (the barrow was filled complete), it kept on 100%, and did not change on a new shot, i just had to press fire again to shoot with full power :P

this game is nice, reminds me on the yeti games :P
great work. you should have entered the irrlicht in motion competition with this ;)
i love skateboarding!
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

WOW! 8279 at 6-th try....

I got the full barrow bug too...
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
Lonesome Ducky
Competition winner

Post by Lonesome Ducky »

I honestly thought about entering the competition, but I decided it wouldn't be fair because I had 2 months prior to work on it. Thanks for all the positive comments guys!