Irrlicht 0.14.0 Linux Make Compile Error

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
firefly2442

Irrlicht 0.14.0 Linux Make Compile Error

Post by firefly2442 »

Hello, when I run "sudo make" in my unzipped source directory I get this:
g++ -c CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp -o CIrrDeviceLinux.o -I"include/" -I"zlib/" -DIRRLICHT_EXPORTS=1
In file included from CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:5:
CIrrDeviceLinux.h:21:38: error: X11/extensions/xf86vmode.h: No such file or directory
CIrrDeviceLinux.h:216: error: ‘XF86VidModeModeInfo’ does not name a type
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp: In destructor ‘virtual irr::CIrrDeviceLinux::~CIrrDeviceLinux()’:
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:117: error: ‘oldVideoMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:117: error: ‘XF86VidModeSwitchToMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:118: error: ‘XF86VidModeSetViewPort’ was not declared in this scopeCIrrDeviceLinux.cpp: In member function ‘bool irr::CIrrDeviceLinux::createWindow(const irr::core::dimension2d<irr::s32>&, irr::u32, bool, bool)’:
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:148: error: ‘XF86VidModeQueryVersion’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:158: error: ‘XF86VidModeModeInfo’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:158: error: ‘modes’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:160: error: ‘XF86VidModeGetAllModeLines’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:164: error: ‘oldVideoMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:304: error: ‘XF86VidModeSwitchToMode’ was not declared in this scope
CIrrDeviceLinux.cpp:305: error: ‘XF86VidModeSetViewPort’ was not declared in this scopemake: *** [CIrrDeviceLinux.o] Error 1
I'm just guessing but do I need to make it use Xorg instead of XF86? Thanks for the help. :)
terefang

Post by terefang »

have you installed the proper -devel packages ?
terefang
nVidia 7800GT/256, AMD64-X2 4k2, Latest Fedora/CentOS
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

No, but you need the correct developer packages installed. Almost all X11 distributions will contain the XF86 extensions, but include files are usually not installed automatically.
firefly2442

Post by firefly2442 »

That was it. Thank you very much. It looks great!!!!! :)