Next version of Irrlicht?

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.

Next version of Irrlicht?

Post by Guest »

Hi!
anyone know anything about the upcoming irrlicht release? myself, i find the new people who joined the project exciting, only good can come of this and i believe the next irrlicht version will be funky! :)

Nico, anything to say?
chromdragon

Post by chromdragon »

Seems that IRR development has stop for some time. but maybe that is just me ... waiting for more experinced users to say something.
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Niko and he others are working out of spar-time to help make the engine but please look at his blog thats where you can see what currently going on in the development.
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

Well, according to his blog and CVS, nothing exciting looks to be happening anytime soon.
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

:shock: Which cvs did you check? It says that the next version will be out this April, so at most three weeks from now.
sRc

Post by sRc »

Spintz wrote:Well, according to his blog and CVS, nothing exciting looks to be happening anytime soon.
he almost never uses the CVS anyway (especially since its been down a lot lately)

but pay more attention to the files within it ;)
The Bard sRc

Blog | Twitter
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

sit tight and be patient... nothing in the next version is holding you back now and trust me you'll still be working on your project long after irr updates again... :)
Spintz

Post by Spintz »

I've looked, I actually have the current IrrSpintz up to date with Irrlicht CVS, nothing special I've seen.
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

The only thing since the last "release" in CVS worth looking at is the 32bit software rendering. I think there is basic alpha mapping in there for the software renderer as well.

Not much use for gaming, but for it is a nice addition for the texture tool I am creating :)

--EK
hybrid

Post by hybrid »

Spintz wrote:I've looked, I actually have the current IrrSpintz up to date with Irrlicht CVS, nothing special I've seen.
No, there are no important new features in there, but changes.txt announces the new version number and release date. Of course this need not mean anything, but it's something to hold on :)