whoops!

Discuss about anything related to the Irrlicht Engine, or read announcements about any significant features or usage changes.
bitplane
Admin

whoops!

Post by bitplane »

I messed up the forums during an upgrade last night.. Apologies for any inconvinience caused, feel free to stop by the chat room and slap me with the customary large trout :D
now we're up-to-date.. lets see if we can get this captcha thing working to stop those spambots!
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

:lol: And I thought someone took the chance and tried the SQL injection!
Any other enhanced features of fixes? Maybe a working search function?
chromdragon

Post by chromdragon »

Can you add more themes for personal use?

or maybe upload avatar and send mail (Notify me when a reply is posted) works now!
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

hehehe, it was quite a night! :wink:
etcaptor

Post by etcaptor »

Powered by phpBB © 2001 phpBB Group
But that is the same version...
ImageImage
Site development -Rock and metal online
--- etcaptor.com ------freenetlife.com
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

that's just the copyright for the brand. The version in the admin panel is 2.0.20 (latest official available). Now we gotta get EK to help us with those captchas! :wink:
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Omg it was so horrible that irr forums were not working I'm addicted from forums I guess, every time I open Opera I hit Irr Forums bookmark

It was so painful not being avaible to see new posts :( :cry:

PS Who will give me a candy now to cheer me up :cry:
ErUs

Post by ErUs »

dawasw wrote:Omg it was so horrible that irr forums were not working I'm addicted from forums I guess, every time I open Opera I hit Irr Forums bookmark
quick, get firefox!... because... get firefox!
andrei25ni

Post by andrei25ni »

Don't get me wrong guys, I love Irrlicht forum, but don't you think that for a coder's forum, it should look more advanced ? Like 3d modern buttons, all the todays forum options, etc ? Multiple layots that the user can set and save it on their profile. That would be cool.

And on topic : it was terible that Irrlicht forum didn't worked, I was checking it every 10 min :lol: .

Oh, and dawasw, I have Irrlicht as my start page :P , so you're not the only one addicted around here.
Baal Cadar

Post by Baal Cadar »

andrei25ni wrote:Don't get me wrong guys, I love Irrlicht forum, but don't you think that for a coder's forum, it should look more advanced ? Like 3d modern buttons(...)
Well, if you take the typical movie hacker stereotype with his all animated custom OS with animated "New E-Mail arrived" full screen messages, then yes.

Since I'm not, I like clean, plain, fast-loading, easy-to-read, non-fancy GUIs much more. And thus I like this forum's theme. And flat look is coming again, ask your fashion advisor.
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

*laugh* Yeah, I noticed things were weird over the weekend :P

Anyhow, I prefer the forums the way they are (layout wise). I mean, just because the forum is about code does not mean we need to go the media-stereotyped look (anyone else watch "Hackers? I laughed so much my sides still hurt the next day!). So long as it is easy to read, easy to post, and easy to search - it's all good :)

Afecelis: Just bug me via PM when you need my help. By "captchas" - I gather you mean the "ignore user" functionality I was requesting I gather?

--EK
Hirte

Post by Hirte »

captcha are images with noised numbers and letters -> "Enter Code here"
jam

Post by jam »

According to research by Microsoft done last year, computers are now better than humans at solving CAPTCHA's :roll:

http://www.ceas.cc/papers-2005/160.pdf
Eternl Knight

Post by Eternl Knight »

A well tuned scanner with customised algorithms for extracting letters known to be overlapping, different colors, etc would be better than most humans (now).

But how many of your forum spammers do you think have the brains (let alone the time & money) to code one of them?

The exercise is not to stop all spammers. It cannot happen, as there is always the "hire people to spam for you" schtick. Thing is, a few easy things go a LONG way toward stopping 95% of th buggers. That's good enough for me.

--EK
jam

Post by jam »

Eternl Knight wrote:A well tuned scanner with customised algorithms for extracting letters known to be overlapping, different colors, etc would be better than most humans (now).

But how many of your forum spammers do you think have the brains (let alone the time & money) to code one of them?

The exercise is not to stop all spammers. It cannot happen, as there is always the "hire people to spam for you" schtick. Thing is, a few easy things go a LONG way toward stopping 95% of th buggers. That's good enough for me.

--EK
Very true, if it cuts down the number of bots by any percentage, then it would be a good thing as long as you take into account the color blind, etc. I assume those features are built in?