When When When...He he he!

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!

When When When...He he he!

Post by Guest »

Sorry but any idea when 0.5 will be ready? I have been looking at the development page and the bars havent moved in a while.

Sorry I know you are busy and this is free, I just love the engine sooooooooooooo much and I can't wait to the 0.5 version!!!!!

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

Trust me... you aren't the only one fiending for a 0.5. I haven't been this excited about a release since Final Fantasy 7. :D

http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/faq.html#nextrelease
Crud, how do I do this again?
level1

Post by level1 »

I suggest not to be too enthusiastic about 0.5, after all its just a minor release.... :wink:

What i don't understand is: why aren't there more releases like 0.4.x? I think Niko could very well profit from the community and release more non SDKs to let them be tested by the others, thats just a personal opinion of course.
saigumi

Post by saigumi »

It takes a lot of work to make sure the cross compatibility works.

Having more releases like 0.4.x would almost be the same as people pulling the latest cvs. Which the reason for Niko not wanting that is so that the forum isn't flooded with people having strange problems... then 3 days and 20 posts later say "Oh, this was pulled from cvs on 2/19/2004"

I'm excited because it is a major point release with changes to the GUI that is needed to have it work more efficient.

Though, there is a side project in the works to collaborate all of the changes that others have made into a pick-and-choose format. If the module is deemed to be necessary in core Irrlicht, Niko can add it. Today is the 2nd business day, so SourceForge should be denying/adding my request for the project page for it.
Crud, how do I do this again?
level1

Post by level1 »

It's like Christmas today! Thanks Niko :D
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

level1 wrote:Sorry but any idea when 0.5 will be ready?
Just right now. :)
level1 wrote:What i don't understand is: why aren't there more releases like 0.4.x? I think Niko could very well profit from the community and release more non SDKs to let them be tested by the others
That's right. But it is also a lot of work to create a release. Exactly like saigumi said. I usually need about 6 (!) hours to pack everything, update API docs, compile for every compiler and platform, test every combination, rewrite tutorials, update homepage and so on. Yes, I know, CVS would be a possible partially solution, but you know how I think about it, I must be a little bit weired. ;)
level1 wrote: It's like Christmas today! Thanks Niko
Damn you're fast! :)
keless

SWEET

Post by keless »

so, whats the low-down.

Okay, finished reading changes.txt

First question I have:
"does DX now work with DevCPP" -- answer: no
"did you add support for re-initializing the device" -- answer: no

(we might as well get out all the questions the noobs are eventually going to as (over and over and over) right here, so we can just point them to this thread)
a screen cap is worth 0x100000 DWORDS
thesmileman

Post by thesmileman »

Wahooooooooooooooooo, Thanks Niko!