Cant get demo 1 (hello world) to work(VB.NET)

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
Jotokun

Cant get demo 1 (hello world) to work(VB.NET)

Post by Jotokun »

Everything is fine, but when I get here:

Code: Select all

Dim node As ISceneNode = device.SceneManager.AddTestSceneNode
It says that "'AddTestSceneNode' is not a member of 'Irrlicht.Scene.ISceneManager'"
I am using VS05.
Help?
Looking for an FPS or third person shooter or GTA clone or LoZ clone made with Irrlicht and in Visual Basic .NET. If you have anything, let me know. PM me.
afharris_83

Post by afharris_83 »

I believe the member .AddTestSceneNode has been changed to .AddCubeSceneNode in the latest version.
Jotokun

Post by Jotokun »

Thank you! But now I have another problem: I am getting a dialog box from VS 05 that says:

The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)

Any help there?
Looking for an FPS or third person shooter or GTA clone or LoZ clone made with Irrlicht and in Visual Basic .NET. If you have anything, let me know. PM me.
afharris_83

Post by afharris_83 »

Hard to say; have you included a reference to the correct DLL in your project? Have you copied the DLLs to your application folder? If you have done all these things, I would say post more of your source code so we can take a look at it.
pmst

Post by pmst »

Hello all...

The problem with your project is that you have to place the Irrlicht.dll (not necessary for Irrlicht.NET.dll if you have already referenced it) inside the debug/release directory of your project (the directory where .exe is created).