Can someone tell me how irredit works???

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding game design, integration of external libraries here. For irrEdit, irrXML and irrKlang, see the
ambiera forums
Gotmilk

Can someone tell me how irredit works???

Post by Gotmilk »

First of all i tried to search answer in this forum but i did not find it anywhere. I downloaded irredit i opened it and imported my static 3ds mesh into irredit. My mesh was a building with textures on it. Everything is ok so i saved my scene as *irr file. So now i had irr scene i put that file into media directory. Then i followed the irr edit tutorial taken from this page from tutorials section.

Code: Select all

// load the scene
smgr->loadScene("../../media/a1.irr"); 

my scene name was a1. Everything loaded up fine but when i got my window opened i just have a blank white screen. The console tells me "could not upload 3ds scene and could not upload brick texture, scene a1 loaded succesfully" I tried to several possibilies and nothing works. Should the irredit scene be only thing loaded in the scene. I mean when i loaded the mesh into irredit should it be in there. If it is then where is it and why console keeps telling me that he could not open a1.3ds i mean i havent give an order to load that 3ds file up. Only a scene. I tried example scene too and it succesfully loaded scene with static mesh in it. It did not try to look for room.3ds file. But still it had no textures on it. If someone could provide me "full retard" tutorial how to make this work i would be very grateful :)
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

I think paths are relative to your exe, although this might have changed in the most recent version.
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room