3d Action Adventure - more programmers needed as well

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
iamtehpwn

3d Action Adventure - more programmers needed as well

Post by iamtehpwn »

Game Play Concepts

The Combat is fast pace fist combat, done in an open ended Environment. The Combat works some what similar to Zelda with Fist based combat, and energy attacks (relating things such as Chi, Ki, or psi).

We are hoping for 35 hours of solid game play, and plan on programming some of our own tools for development.

We are Looking to hire. Look below for more details

Story

Syphen is a young boy at the age of 14 who is at an Orphanage. It is there when his friend Marek teaches him how to fight, and how to use energy attacks, and he has many other friends at the Orphanage. Marek was always a very depressed boy, but puts all his time and energy into caring for his Girlfriend, Serenity. One day, Serenity falls very ill and dies. In extreme Depression, Marek then takes his own life with a dagger.
And when he dies, his soul descends into hell, where dark spirits tell him they can bring him back to life if he could lead all the souls of the nations into hell. To do this he can gave him seductive 6 women named B.E.A.U.T.Y.—in which put the world under a state of awe by their looks and glamor, and allows for Marek to do anything he wants.
Mean while, Syphen’s girlfriend wishes for him to take her into the parade in the Capital City for the new leader of the nations. When they get there, Syphen and his girlfriend then see the new leader and B.E.A.U.T.Y. Many people are overly impressed with them and then leadership. The New leader gives a short speech about how he will deliver them poverty and create a world of peace. Syphen is totally unimpressed with this, and he feels a horrible evil coming from B.E.A.U.T.Y, and so he decides to investigate them.

Syphen decides to sneak into the Castle, he inches his way in, to over hear a the New leader talking to B.E.A.U.T.Y. And he hears them referring to him as “Marek”. At the time, Syphen nods it off, and think that’s just a coincidence. They go into further conversation about leading the world into burning hell fire, where the souls of humanity would be trapped forever. He also discovers that B.E.A.U.T.Y. is actually women from hell. They were demons in a human disguise.
Each one of the 6 members of B.E.A.U.T.Y. where sent to 6 different cities in the nation, to persuade everyone to follow them. Once they have converted people to believe in them, they can open gate to hell. Each of member has different elemental strengths. Syphen then must crawl his way into each different castle and learn a new technique in each castle. Defeat the boss, and go move on to the next Castle.

Once all 6 are defeated, Syphen will then go back to the main castle in the Capital city. Marek tells more story about his plans of domination to Syphen, but refuses to let him live to tell about it. They fight, and in a struggle, Syphen finally gets a weakened Area of Marek to attack. However, he struggles to kill his Childhood best friend, until he sees a flash back of the original Marek when he was young, and the Serenity. They both tell him to kill the new shell of Marek for the greater good, and Syphen Attacks him, Destroy Marek, and freeing the mental sway from people.

Jobs

Current Jobs filled:

- Developer: Chaos Studios
- Publisher: Chaos Studios
- Director: Marc
- Lead Game Designer: Ryan
- Assistant Designer: Marc
- Cut Scene/Movie Sequence Director: Ryan
- Story Writer – Ryan Johnson
- Dialogue Scripter – Ryan
- Lead Programmer – Marc

Jobs that Need to be filled:
- Graphical Programmers –
- Game Mechanics Programmers –
- Composers
- Lead Artist –
- 3d modelers –
- Texture Mappers –

Contacts

I am Ryan, you can contact me at:
AIM: burningchaos67
MSN: tame5x0@hotmail.com
email: tame5x0@hotmail.com

Marc's Contacts:
AIM: MarcDobek01
email: Marcdobek01@yahoo.com

[/b]
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

hmm... looks promissing but on the other hand it is like bunch of punks are looking for ppl who will make a game for them. you dont have a your programmer as i see. everyone can tell stories, not everyone knows how to write them. sorry if it looks offencive, thats just my opinion
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

roxaz wrote:hmm... looks promissing but on the other hand it is like bunch of punks are looking for ppl who will make a game for them. you dont have a your programmer as i see. everyone can tell stories, not everyone knows how to write them. sorry if it looks offencive, thats just my opinion
Actually, thats not correct. I am a programmer, as well as Marc. We are just looking for a few more people to join us before we start development.
Marek

Post by Marek »

Quite so. Both Ryan and myself are programmers. It's just very hard to make somthing quite as large with 2 people. Do we want someone to do it all? No, we want some help to get our goal to it's ending destination. If there was anything I took offense to in your post, it was "A couple of punks who want someone to make a game for them". I do not take work lightly, when I program I tend to program for hours and hours on end. Nothing, and I mean nothing, would allow me to have everyone else do it for me, I work as a team, not as a dictatorship.

But, I do find it amusing how you were quite quick to lable us as unethical lazy people. Quick to critique, but not quick to ask more questions.
-- Marc
Chaos Studios: Lead Programmer
Monochrome

Post by Monochrome »

No screenies/renders/concept art, no help.

Sry, but that's the way i work.
Marek

Post by Marek »

That's quite fine. It is reasonably hard to do all of the above with a limited programming staff in the first place. Concept art, while not in a position to require programming causes the following problem: We're trying to find a concept artist to begin with.

But, that's fine anyway. When we get stuff to show, make no mistake we will.
-- Marc
iamtehpwn

Post by iamtehpwn »

Monochrome wrote:No screenies/renders/concept art, no help.

Sry, but that's the way i work.

Requesting art from 2 programmers is a bit distasteful, yes?
We'll get Artists when the time comes.
For now, we're focused on the game's infrastructure.
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

ahh ok guys, sorry then for my very critical opinion :)
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

iamtehpwn wrote:
roxaz wrote:hmm... looks promissing but on the other hand it is like bunch of punks are looking for ppl who will make a game for them. you dont have a your programmer as i see. everyone can tell stories, not everyone knows how to write them. sorry if it looks offencive, thats just my opinion
Actually, thats not correct. I am a programmer, as well as Marc. We are just looking for a few more people to join us before we start development.
So you havent even started yet? :? Your posting in the wrong forum then I think this belongs in "Beginners help". Two programmers are more than enough to get started, now go, make something, and post the details here :D
TheRLG

Post by TheRLG »

Not to flame or anything, but it sounds like you guys have a bit to go before having a solid idea.

First, maybe try to type up even a small document of the game's concept, describing gameplay and etc, not just relating it to other gameplay styles.

Second, the story seems pieced together from stories that are overused, but that's okay, it just needs some polishing to make it more cohesive (and "realistic") - when trying to make stories of fantasy, keep them realistic and let the fantastical things in them provide the fantasy, no reason to set it up like a disney movie.

Third, maybe do a few "lame" sketches of characters or scenes that are in your head, even draw a picture of what you would like gameplay to look like, at least this will be more than words. Also, try not to make a list of jobs that you need filled, especially when it's only two guys making it. Instead, just work on what you can and ask for any help that's available.

Good luck to ya anyway.
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

the real reason everyone on here is judgemental is not that they assume your lazy or irresponsible, its out of sheer distaste for start up projects that 98% of showcase or project game dev forums create, so many people like to start projects, not many finish, what i'd do is use some dummy models, free ones, or self made ones with boxes for limbs, just for temporary programming, get the basic movement and camera down, then start working on a design document

DONT RUSH THE DESIGN DOCUMENT

spend at least a week on it, describe the atmosphere in detail, including colorschemes physical landmarks, unique buildings etc. describe characters build, hieght, hair, eye color, clothes, etc. go into extensive detail about the different parts of the game. For example in zelda ocarina in time, you could say that
the player travels thru several dungeons...
BAD!

a good example would be:
The main character progress is followed by dungeons of different element types, he switches between the ages of 10 and 17, these are the orders of the dungeons

Child:
Forest:Deku Tree
Fire: Dodondago's Cavern
Water: Jabu Jabu's belly
Adult:
Forest Temple
Fire Temple
Water Temple
Shadow Temple
Spirit Temple
and then go into some detail about the dungeons..

also include milestones, so you can show a set timeline and show that you plan to meet them.

If you can do all of this, you will have not only shown your devotion to the project by investing effort but you will have:
-shown the basic gameplay with the test dummy movie
-shown the basis of the game
-shown your timeline
-shown that you have details, and your not just pulling the story out of now-where

Post by kburkhart84 »

The last post ( too long too quote) is very good advice. You need to have a set direction, goals, and an in general good start, especially if you want to finish your project. I think the story, though not completely original, is interesting and could be used with few modifications, but I'm not sure exactly what you mean by fast paced fist combat. You mean something like a beat-em-up thing right. That's cool, but for some reason, the story line sounds RPGish. That doesn't mean it can't apply to a beat-em-up, it just feels that way to me. I think maybe if done properly, and finished, this game could turn out good. Give me some concept art, and I (time permitting) will try to help out with some 3d modelling and animating. I have an idea, but I'm in no means professional, but need something to get my feet wet with so, when you have something, feel free to let me know.
Marek

Post by Marek »

Both Fortunatly and unfortunatly. We have most of the stuff you guys request ( all except actual visuals, since we have no artists what so ever). Only problem is half of it is still being refined, and the other half is done but still pending a grander release. The story is a run down, the battle style is a show-face version. Granted, nothing is compleat.
-- Marc
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

i thought i would like to join. it would be realy funny but i gues im not capable. I know c++ well but im not very familar with irrlicht (we are two months together :D ), i know basics of 3d modeling (milkshape) but im not very good at drawing, that makes my models nots so realistic. in the other hand such project would be great oportunity to learn more. im just afraid that something (or everything) could be too hard. anyway feel free to ask me for help if you want :)
Marek

Post by Marek »

We don't need "Expert" level programmers, really. I am all for doing projects just to learn. Ofcourse the project itself is serious. Ryan has been programming in C++ for about 2 or 3 years, and I have been programming in C++ for almost 5 years now. We can use all the help possible. Since there are two sectors (Graphical programmers and "guts" programmers.). If you want to help, you can both polish your C++ skills and get better with them. It's all up to you, if you want to join or not. We're open, we need a lot of programmers (more programmers means less actual programming time, thus more debugging time). Anyway, it's up to you.
-- Marc