Free Hosting for Games

A forum to store posts deemed exceptionally wise and useful
dejai

Free Hosting for Games

Post by dejai »

If you want to host a file that is 100mb or less and you cannot do it from your own website or you just want a download link to send to your friends that will not expire! then go to http://www.mediafire.com/ you do not even need to sign up! The upload speeds pretty good and a the end it gives you a link so that you can share it to your friends. :D Enjoy
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com
Cardinal4

Post by Cardinal4 »

There's really too many of those file hosting sites around on the internet, it's hard to tell which one is just there for the ad money and won't be able to stay up long, kinda like free web hosters. :( But that one looks slightly reliable... has a PC World sticker on it. Nice find, i guess. :)
Sketches of a rambling mind
Still a long way on learning Irrlicht...
XFactor

Post by XFactor »

www.fileden.com is also very good. You get 500 (or 600 now, not sure) MB of free file hosting.

Edit: Just checked at its up to 1GB free storage. :D
IRRLICHT ROCKS!!!!
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

wow! fileden is great! Thanks for the link Xfactor! ;)

Is there a similar free service (file storage) but with FTP options?

regards,
Alvaro
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

i can provide free ftp or file hosting
i have tons of bandwidth and space.

Just PM me or something, I guess the only problem I see with this is that it would be @ ultimate-ownage.com =p
XFactor

Post by XFactor »

Hey afecelis, I'm not really sure what you meant by ftp access, but take a look at this: http://files-upload.com
IRRLICHT ROCKS!!!!
wildrj

Post by wildrj »

hmm i was thinking of setting up a free filehosting type thing but that could screw me over way to fast....ill think about it and see if my co admin can come up with a way to stop abuse of it.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

Thanks a lot for your kind offer Mokeycracks. Wildrj also offered me his kind services and I'm using the FTP space he so nicely set up for me. But I find these free services to be a great alternative for lots of friends I got that require a fast and easy way to upload stuff, and sometimes they don't even know how to use an FTP client, so they come in pretty handy. I've mailed the fileden link to several of them ;)

But Wildrj's wild idea of somehow having more users access free space to host their projects and stuff is a noble and great way of thinking, just like yours monkeycracks! ;)

Thanks to all for your generosity.

Regards,
Alvaro

@Xfactor: I'm checking the link you sent me.
omar shaaban

Post by omar shaaban »

XFactor wrote:www.fileden.com is also very good. You get 500 (or 600 now, not sure) MB of free file hosting.

Edit: Just checked at its up to 1GB free storage. :D
Public uploading has been disabled. :x
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

best option for free hosting imo is www.googlepages.com - you can trust that the 100mb google offer won't dissapear overnight
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
SwitchCase

Post by SwitchCase »

I didnt actually know google provided this service. That's good to know, cheers bitplane. I think i'll take a look at that. :)

For hosting, imo awardspace is great. Ive never had probems with them and know a few people that also use them and have never had problems. It's also easy to upgrade to a premium service with them if need be.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

does googlepages have a limit to users in bandwidth ? I know, there's allways a limit, but u never know with Google power tm...

and space? how much space it gives...I'd be ok to go like with 100/200 mb and 30 gigs of bandwidth..

but maybe 5 could do...
does the free plan had many time outs for you switccase? slows down? how¡s speed?

i am also wondering these specs with googlepages, and if I'd be allowed to make my domain account (have allways apart from hosting) point to that space ( so my .com would point there... ) I dunno if these companies main interest is that you specifically cant do that...
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
SwitchCase

Post by SwitchCase »

Vermeer...

with awardspace you get:
200 MB disk space
5GB monthly traffic
5 sub domains
emails (i think but not sure)
php and mysql support
no adds slapped on your site.

ive never had any downtime but im not too sure about speed, seems perfectly fine though. and you can point your domain name to the space.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

thanks a lot! :)

anyway, have been seing...in their so they say beta stage now, they say the dont add the ads, but they warn of a possible addition in future versions...

other than that, seems a very nice bet...
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
monkeycracks

Post by monkeycracks »

I have a thousand gigs of bandwidth/month and I don't use near any of that. Also have about 4.8gb of space left.

Basically it's up for grabs right now, I'm using it but not THAT much of it.