irrCg v0.8 (Initial) - CgFX (Texture States, MultiPass etc.)

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Nadro

irrCg v0.8 (Initial) - CgFX (Texture States, MultiPass etc.)

Post by Nadro »

Built-in Cg support is available in Irrlicht rev4060. Please use it instead of irrCg which is now a deprecated project (we will improve only built-in Cg support).

ORIGINAL VERSION:

IrrCg is Cg Shading Language wrapper for Irrlicht Engine. With Cg You can write one shader and use it for both DirectX and OpenGL, without any modification in shader code. With IrrCg You can easy use Cg shaders in Irrlicht, as Irrlicht Material. You needn't prebuild Irrlicht source! Orginal IrrCg library was build with Irrlicht 1.6, but You can easy prebuild library with Your modified Irrlicht version eg. from SVN.

All features and avaiable functions list are in ReadMe.txt and Documentation.

irrCg project website:
http://code.google.com/p/irrcg/

SVN:
http://irrcg.googlecode.com/svn/trunk

Version 0.7.1 (latest stable):
http://irrcg.googlecode.com/files/irrCg_v0_7_1.zip
Other versions:
http://nadro.net46.net/IrrCg/

Happy downloading!!!
Last edited by Nadro on Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:21 pm, edited 42 times in total.
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

I get an error: eg.dll cannot be found.

Do I have to compile this in order to use the example?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

eg.dll?? maybe cg.dll? You needn't compile demo (this is only source code of example - CG_Example.exe) Now I've done version 0.2 my binding for OpenGL (acces for textures). I release it after get acces to texture in Direct3D mode. I hope than tomorrow:) In next release I put multitexture example ;)
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

yea, sorry I meant cg.dll

Gotta love those typos.
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

I released version 0.2 of my binding:) In current version You have full acces for textures;) I change files structure in zip archive (now is similar to Irrlicht). I add next example, now for MultiTexturing:) I update first post with link to current version.
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Cool. It runs very fast as well. I got 130++ fps with both D3D and OGL on NVidia Geforce fx5200.

Wiki updated. Check it out at "Other Add-ons" and "Shaders" under "Useful Add-ons". I don't know if it is at the right places.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

AMAZING. Thank you so much! :D

I haven't tried it, but if this works good then it should be a great addition to Irrlicht! It should be integrated into the engine right away :)

Many, many people complain how Irrlicht supports both DirectX and OpenGL but requires seperate shading languages for each one which kind of kills the point. This should solve or greatly alleviate the problem.

EDIT:
Many people dislike RapidShare, so I uploaded it here: http://irrlichtirc.g0dsoft.com/Nadro/CGV02.zip (Direct Download)
(Thanks Rambus!)
Last edited by BlindSide on Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Yeah, we could add it (disabled by default, because it would require an additional library to link against), but it would have to be ported to the Irrlicht core. It would need proper integration into the IVideoDriver interface (maybe via createCgShader?) and get a proper cleanup to have all features straightend. But once we have that done we can merge it into the library.
BTW: Is the license ok for Irrlicht?
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Thanks:) and Thanks for upload:) Yes the license is ok for Irrlicht:) This is good idea merge cg binding with Irrlicht:) If Ogre has Cg Irrlicht also has it;)
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

I was wondering if you were thinking of releasing the source, as right now it can only be used on MSVC in windows.
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

I very like Linux, so binding must be Cross Platform:) I write port for Linux in this week:) I release source, but now binding is some split with my Game Engine, so I have to prebuild binding as independet library and release it with source:)
linkoraclehero

Post by linkoraclehero »

For the record, works on XP64, so go ahead and check that off ;D
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

@linkoraclehero thats great feedback :)

@Nadro ,

This is a great implementation , i cant wait to see it in irrlicht or released.

Hope to see it soon :p
Nadro

Post by Nadro »

Thanks for checked:) In next release of bindings I add winxp64 as checked and I add support for Linux:)
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

Nadro wrote:Thanks for checked:) In next release of bindings I add winxp64 as checked and I add support for Linux:)
Nice, I've just started to use linux yesterday. :roll: