Projekt Rare

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
//.Razor

Projekt Rare

Post by //.Razor »

Hi, I am starting a Project called Projekt Rare.
You will all be payed. The game is going to be free. This game will start out Multiplayer, eventually becoming a single player.. It is going to be a 1st person shooter.

Jobs:
Programmers--
The core of the game.

Model Designers--
Skinners---
Where the skins come from for the models
Designers---
Where all the player models and weapons come from :)

Quake 3 Mappers--
Source of the maps :P

Audio Composers--
Where our music comes from :)

Texture Designer--
Where our textures for the Quake 3 Maps come from.

If anyone would like to be in this project, either message me VIA msn (terminatorD9@hotmail.com), or post in this topic.

Thanks,
Death-Omen -- Rare Industries©
Last edited by //.Razor on Sun Jun 06, 2004 11:49 pm, edited 4 times in total.
disanti

Post by disanti »

You could atleast spell project correctly in the title! :P Just from seeing "Projekt", I immediately don't want to work on it. Sounds newbish.
Last edited by disanti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
disanti

Post by disanti »

Payment Info:
Every 5 purchases you will all recieve your payments.
You will not get your money until the product is released.
The payments are divided between the groups, then divided
between all the people in each group.
You must have a Paypal account to get payed.
And if it doesn't sell?
I'm really not convinced that this game will sell. The world isn't all multiplayer.
Last edited by disanti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
disanti

Post by disanti »

Is there a short demo yet so I can see what I'm getting into? This might help convince people. :roll:
Last edited by disanti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
r2d2

Post by r2d2 »

Projekt is the german word for project so he spelled it right :P
you first should work out a nearly complete concept because else the project will loose itself very fast or is there a concept already available? if yes then i would like to see it or at least parts of it to see if it's good
LordNaikon

Post by LordNaikon »

disanti wrote:You could atleast spell project correctly in the title! :P Just from seeing "Projekt", I immediately don't want to work on it. Sounds newbish.
Projekt is spelled correctly !! in german!!!!!

yes, a concept would be very very nice!
q|^.^|p beeing every time friendly to everyone
sys: 2500+Barton 512MB 6600GT WinXP
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

Sounds a bit dodgy to me m8, maybe if you had some project documentation rather than the one post. My advice would be to make a tech demo open source then if it generates any interest to think about selling a full version. At the moment you have nothing to offer, with a tech demo, some proper documentation ( most docs of this type from what I understand are over 50 A4 pages long ).
You will not get your money until the product is released.
One born every minute :roll:
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

hehe too much money for the project leader (joke)
;)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
disanti

Post by disanti »

Projekt is spelled correctly !! in german!!!!!
Sorry, didn't know. :P I don't know German.

Also, the programmer only gets $16.63 if five games sell with 2 programmers. I'm sorry, but IMHO, this is kind of rediculus.
Last edited by disanti on Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
//.Razor

Post by //.Razor »

:oops: sorry about the small pay.. Maybe I could transfer a few percentage points from mine, to the programmer. I am trying to create a demo, but I need a map to put it on :?, I dont make quake 3 maps, i just program it.
Ill try to find a map to put it on..
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

You could offer people a million quid, it means nothing really. I certainly wouldn't do jack for free and trust that it will get paid, it is too risky. I would certainly go into it with a few of my closest friends ( people I know in real life ) but I wouldn't do work for someone I didn't know that is going to sell my work without any guarantee of the money coming to me.

That means a deposit which you don't have the resources to do. For all I know ( and anyone else ) you could live in some country that makes you excempt from EU or US law which would mean that even making you enter a contractural agreement with me for my work would be pretty pointless.

IMHO, anyone working on this basis would have to be a complete mug as they would have no protection against you running away with whatever work they did. All that is if it even gets to the stage where you could run away with the work, a million other things could and probably would go wrong. Good luck in finding this mug :) IMO, unless you have the funds to pay the team for the work they are doing as they do it, trying to set up a game company over the net is a terminally bad idea ( maybe even if you did have the funds ).
//.Razor

Post by //.Razor »

Well I changed the plan, the game is going to be free.
Which also means, I cannot pay you guys :(...
Tyn

Post by Tyn »

I think that is for the best, people are more willing to work for free if they haven't got a carrot dangled in front of them of being paid a lot of cash in the end of development. If they know it's free it's a much better start, you could always switch to shareware later in development and charge a small fee to get extended parts of the game. If it's good enough then people have proved that they will play. Plus, £30 odd is a bit steep for a game not produced by a professional team.
//.Razor

Post by //.Razor »

i was talking USD. :roll:

Anyways, like they say, one step at a time.
So, anybody want to help?
Unarekin

Post by Unarekin »

One step at a time, indeed. You missed one, too. ;)

What kind of game project /is/ it?