I can't run any Irrlicht program!

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
CameroKid

I can't run any Irrlicht program!

Post by CameroKid »

When I compile and run anything the program crashes right off the bat with this error:

Debug Error!

Path to my Exe

Run-Time Check Failure #0 - The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling convention.

This doesn't happen on the sample applications. My pieces of code that worked fine a few weeks ago are not putting out this error. The only thing that's changed is I updated VS 2005 to VS 2008. Would that create a major problem? The only time I really get this error is when I try to make a Event Receiving class. This is really driving me crazy. Please help
radical-dev

Post by radical-dev »

Hi CameroKid!

Ever tried to google for your problem? With "The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. " i got 75k results ;-). There should be a solution for you.

Greetings
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

How cruel!

In Irrlicht, this is usually caused by having a mismatch between the libraries and headers. If you do a clean rebuild of Irrlicht and ensure that your app links against the newly built library and picks up the new dll then you should be fine.
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
CameroKid

Post by CameroKid »

I restarted VS and it works now. Thanks