when u can't see the wood from the... (homage to rogerborg)

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
fallingbrickwork

when u can't see the wood from the... (homage to rogerborg)

Post by fallingbrickwork »

...trees!

whenever i can't find a solution to any given coding problem, what do I do...

... i look for a post (this can be a random post non-related to my prob) from rogerborg...

they are always eloquant and 'politically correct'!
That's a damn lie. Those commies pay you anyway regardless of whether or not you shoot anyone. What kind of a performance incentive is that?
Question: since we tend to get a generic goblins and fairies project announcement most every week, why would anyone choose to contribute to your project? What's so special about you, or your team, or your project?
Oh my sweet merciful Lady of Hannigan, this again?
With all due respect, I submit that you misunderstood your own question, which takes some doing.
...and a personal favourite of mine...

Code: Select all

Answering a noob question is like having sex with a midget: there's a wonderfully satisfying sensation of being a giant.
Always words of wisdom that 'strike a cord' with me! My hat is off to you!
full.metal.coder

Post by full.metal.coder »

I quite agree with you. he's got (at least most of) the best quotes on that forum, by far. So long and thank you for all the fun. :lol:
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

So long? I doubt he's going anywhere ^^
One of those days, I'll have his kilt hanging at my doorknob ^^
And you know how I'll do that? I'll offer him a certain lady oiledd and bound on a silver platter :P
lostclimategames

Post by lostclimategames »

"Answering a noob question is like having sex with a midget: there's a wonderfully satisfying sensation of being a giant. "

that is beautiful.... i think a part of me was filled with a new type of joy after reading that.

Post by torleif »

iLoled
full.metal.coder

So long? I doubt he's going anywhere ^^
I hope not, wandering in this forum would be tastless if he did. That was just supposed to be a reference, probably not the best one but the only one that came to me :wink:
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

*notices his own rogerborg quote in his sig*

Ha ha ha ha ha....
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

off topic forum...never here but...
With all due respect, I submit that you misunderstood your own question, which takes some doing.
I liked that one... the one of the midget a bit too much...
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
stevend

Post by stevend »

Answering a noob question is like having sex with a midget: there's a wonderfully satisfying sensation of being a giant.
i am still laughing lol
full.metal.coder

A couple more gems :
As a youngster, I got my career advice from a wise old guru who lived in the wilderness. Well, by wise old guru I mean tramp, and by wilderness I mean the public toilets in the park. And by career advice I mean, uh... a lifetime fear of public toilets.
Uh oh, I think Saturn's account has been hacked. There's no way that the real Saturn would post anything so mellow, balanced and constructive.
Irrlicht is a great engine, because it's so easy to understand that it has many forks.

OGRE is a great engine, because it's so fully featured that there's no need to fork it.

Crystal Space is a great engine, because... uh... because... they just try so darn hard.
If someone wants to argue the key points of my post in the lights of mikademus' first post, I'm all ears.
I think I'll pass, for much the same reason that I wouldn't enter a kissing competition with a cobra.
bitplane
Admin

Post by bitplane »

Just spotted this thread and will join in..
The efficiency of returning a useless mesh is akin to discussing what type of chocolate to use to make your teapot. ;)
If a tree falls in a forest and nobody sees it, what frame rate does it have?
Submit bugs/patches to the tracker!
Need help right now? Visit the chat room
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

rogerborg was dropped on his head whilst being assembled, dislodging his sarcasm-suppression chip. 8)
dejai

Post by dejai »

Oh god... no... no, it's like strangling a puppy... but not in the fun way.
Programming Blog: http://www.uberwolf.com