TPP Camera in Irrlicht :?:

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
paradoximo

TPP Camera in Irrlicht :?:

Post by paradoximo »

Hi everyone :D

I'm new in irrlicht, this is my first engine.
I'm thinking about simple game which is about simple deathmatch in irrlicht.
To have fun of it i want to code a tpp camera in it but i don't have any idea how i can write it.
About my project i don't want to make any hard game. Only 4 ninjas which are steering by 4 players on keyboard [just for fun] and they are fighting. If any collision will happen, then ninja is disapperaing [mayby any particle of blood] and one point to winner. Who is same on the fight room wins. And mayby life bars.

But this is just a stupid dream without of knowledge about camera system...

I saw Maya style cameras and FPS camera which can be steering by WASD or directions an mouse. I want anything like an FPS cam but with few suggestions.

Camera must be in the back of the mesh and it is always rtating by a mesh when mesh is rotating by a mouse [i don't know how you understand me, my english is not so good xD].

I think most people in here knows how looks TPP cam in games. I want to write the same thing into my project. I have all graphs now. I have problems in here only.

Any suggestions :D?

It will be very helpful... For responds big thanks from me...
humbrol

Post by humbrol »

its a great language, start with the tutorials, for the camera search for arras cockpit and flight functions,, the camera controls in there reveal alot about how the cameras work =)[/quote]