Becoming mature

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Lil Margin

Becoming mature

Post by Lil Margin »

Hey whats guys,
How do you become mature?, i use to be a very funny guy(the one that makes the jokes and picks on people) and i use to make jokes about everything.
but i am trying to change, i want to become mature...
i tried stopping with the jokes, change my clothing but people still tells me that i am not convincingly mature...
i still make some small jokes here and there and laugh at other jokes tho, but i really need some help on this because i want to know what are the things to become mature.
Or do i have to stay completely silent to be considered mature ?
Adler1337

Post by Adler1337 »

Not telling jokes doesn't make you mature(it just makes you boring :lol: ) You are mature when you are responsible and think of consequences before you do something stupid.
multum in parvo
Brainsaw

Post by Brainsaw »

Imho it's also important to keep the child within you. Otherwise it might get boring.
Dustbin::Games on the web: https://www.dustbin-online.de/

Dustbin::Games on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/dustbingames/
Dustbin::Games on twitter: https://twitter.com/dustbingames
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

i always felt like in kindergarten when i was at school, i always felt more mature than all those stupid people around. it somehow just happened. however my inner child is very much alive, i joke about anything, do some stupid things sometimes, not that stupid so anyone would have to face any consequences. i guess its just the matter of keeping balance. make your life fun, dont hurt anyone (emotionally or physically).. :]
jerrelDulay

Post by jerrelDulay »

Becoming mature means learning from your mistakes and making smart decisions. If you make decisions that help you and other people, and don't hurt other people, you're on the right way! But you've gotta make mistakes first before you can learn from them.
roxaz

Post by roxaz »

jerrelDulay wrote:Becoming mature means learning from your mistakes and making smart decisions. If you make decisions that help you and other people, and don't hurt other people, you're on the right way! But you've gotta make mistakes first before you can learn from them.
i vote for learning from mistakes of others. that works out much better :)
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

no one is really mature.

it just mean you are bored of jokes :)

take some rest and become again a child :)

:P
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
Midnight

Re: Becoming mature

Post by Midnight »

Lil Margin wrote:Hey whats guys,
How do you become mature?, i use to be a very funny guy(the one that makes the jokes and picks on people) and i use to make jokes about everything.
but i am trying to change, i want to become mature...
i tried stopping with the jokes, change my clothing but people still tells me that i am not convincingly mature...
i still make some small jokes here and there and laugh at other jokes tho, but i really need some help on this because i want to know what are the things to become mature.
Or do i have to stay completely silent to be considered mature ?
wikipedia wrote:Maturity -Maturity is a psychological term used to indicate how a person responds to the circumstances or environment in an appropriate and adaptive manner. This response is generally learned rather than instinctive, and is not determined by one's age. Maturity also encompasses being aware of the correct time and place to behave and knowing when to act appropriately, according to the situation.
Inorder to act and be mature, one must learn to adapt to ones situation. It's a matter of learning how to "best" handle any given schenario. I believe it's a matter of will, practice, and understanding. The very fact that you posted this thread is proof that you will it. Words, can be easily misused and misunderstood. It's important to educate yourself. And ALWAYS know what a word means before using it.

Nobody is perfect, we are all unfortunately human. Know your limitations, deal with, overcome, or annihlate them, but know your limits. Life is a wonderful journey. And you'll have to make all kinds of choices. And they won't usually be easy choices. The best way to deal with making those choices easier is to know thy self well. And to act in a mature manner as to make good choices for you and others.

Maturity is the act of growing. Just as one might mature to the ability of riding a bicycle. (or something like that)

I think you're going to be ok in life. I think you see what has to be done, and with time your goals in life will change. You will eventually meet some nice girl, and probably get married. And someday you'll be old and wise, and pass advice to others in need like yourself.

Knowledge is power and valuable.
I'll leave you with one word: Meditation.
mireazma

Post by mireazma »

Why do you want to become mature in the first place? Answer to yourself. Honestly. If it's because you feel the urge of maturity then you already are mature or at least you don't have to try cause it's coming to you. If it's because others would like you more as a mature person, think about what the other forum mates wrote: you can't put an equal sign between maturity and solemnity. Imho being mature involves abilities like modesty, sacrifice, compassion. But I've seen these in a child too. 7 yo. She gave me a lesson of life that I won't forget till death.
Remember that generally, children wish to grow mature, as grown ups wish they were children. So you can tell how a person is by what he wishes to be ;)
Mature people often live a life so complicated by lies, intrigues, economic cares that they wake up at the end of their lives realising they'd wasted time living. Let them eat each other's guts. Children are so pure, straight forward and colors anybody's life. If they pout now, they laugh all through your bottom with a next minute joke.
So I'm not ashamed to claim I'm still a child. With some minuses by which I'm lower than a child.
I'm proud of being a child.
And I'm 30!!!
Yeehaa!