[SOLVED] Beagleboard irrlicht ogl-es installation

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
Willem

[SOLVED] Beagleboard irrlicht ogl-es installation

Post by Willem »

Hi,

I am trying to install Irrlicht ogl-es on the Beagleboard running Angstrom linux.
Has anyone done it on Angstrom?
I installed the Angstrom mesa package but GL/gl.h and GL/glx.h are missing so compilation is failing.

Do I have to download and compile the vanilla MesaLib package?

Would appreciate any feedback from others who have done it successfully even if using another distro.

Any advice on getting Irrlicht running on the beagleboard would be appreciated. What do I have to do to get Irrlicht running on the beagleboard?

The SGX demos are running and I have got the full dev toolchain.

Thanks
Willem
Last edited by Willem on Sat Dec 04, 2010 4:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Do you use the ogl-es branch, and did you enable the proper driver? You have to disable OpenGL, and enable either ogl-es1 or ogl-es2 driver. For compilation, you have to have the ogl-es headers and libs at hand, which should be the only ones which are necessary for OpenGL. Next, you need to find a way to create the window for use in Irrlicht. I think, so far we only tested the ogl-es enhanced SDL support. If Linux windows can also be created with ogl-es support, it might work as well.
Willem

Post by Willem »

Thanks very much for pointing me in the right direction:

From the Angstrom package feed install:
libgles-omap3
libgles-omap3-dbg
libgles-omap3-dev
libgles-omap3-tests
libxcursor-dev

svn co https://irrlicht.svn.sourceforge.net/sv ... hes/ogl-es

In the Makefile change the OGLESINCLUDES and OGLESLINK variable to point to the relevant directories:
-I/usr/include/GLES
-L/usr/lib

In IrrCompileConfig.h
comment out _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_OPENGL_
uncomment _IRR_COMPILE_WITH_OGLES1_

Textures:
COGLESTexture.cpp:getBestColorFormat:
"destFormat=ECF_A1R5G5B5;"

Thanks
Willem