Multiple material types bug

You discovered a bug in the engine, and you are sure that it is not a problem of your code? Just post it in here. Please read the bug posting guidelines first.
Morrog

Multiple material types bug

Post by Morrog »

If a scene node has multiple material types, and at least one of those is transparent, then things don't get rendered correctly.

The SceneManager divides transparent nodes from non-transparent ones so the transparent nodes are drawn last. Note that this is done on the node level. Therefore it does not support having transparent materials and non-transparent materials together in one Mesh/Node.

The solution is a bit complicated because of the way Irrlicht is designed. The SceneManager isn't supposed to know about the MeshBuffers of a node, because a node may not contain a meshbuffer. The best solution I can think of right now is to have a way for scenenodes to register a MeshBuffer with the scenemanager as "transparent" in the function that is called before rendering. The scene nodes can then pick out the transparent meshbuffers themselves and tell the scenemanager about them.
puh

Post by puh »

Hey, did you read some posts below prior to post here a new message?
:roll:
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/phpBB2/ ... php?t=4804
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

I'm going to assume Morrog read that thread.

:D
niko
Site Admin

Post by niko »

Yep, a simple solution would be that scene nodes register themselfes twice for a transparent and a solid pass. I'll put that on my list.