Wanna know what REALLY sucks?

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
Midnight

Wanna know what REALLY sucks?

Post by Midnight »

You know what sucks?

I don't have a single friend in real life that knows crap about computers...

I'm serious it's so bad here the fact that I own a computer and broadband connection alone make me feel like I'm part of a secret society.

I'm also starting an internet cafe in hopes of meeting people a bit more like myself if the place doesn't go down in flames because of a lack of following.

Maybe someday I'll meet my cyber dream girl that can kick my rear at a decent video game and I won't have to import her from sweden or something.

Oh well at least I don't have a million friends wanting free pc repair...

Any hot michigan chicks in here by the way? 8) lol
FlyHigh

Post by FlyHigh »

I'm the opposite, I live with someone who works at an ISP and two people studying video game creation.

If I talk about anything except computers I get strange looks. Luckily I have non-course friends otherwise my brain would implode 8)
daieLs

Re: Wanna know what REALLY sucks?

Post by daieLs »

Midnight wrote:You know what sucks?

I don't have a single friend in real life that knows crap about computers...

I'm serious it's so bad here the fact that I own a computer and broadband connection alone make me feel like I'm part of a secret society.

I'm also starting an internet cafe in hopes of meeting people a bit more like myself if the place doesn't go down in flames because of a lack of following.

Maybe someday I'll meet my cyber dream girl that can kick my rear at a decent video game and I won't have to import her from sweden or something.

Oh well at least I don't have a million friends wanting free pc repair...

Any hot michigan chicks in here by the way? 8) lol

Same thing here ... It sucks ...
AND btw I don't think that there are that kind of chicks anywhere...:(
if somebody knows something : SHARE it man !!!! :P
danieLs

Post by danieLs »

ups forgot to login and mistyped my name :P LAME THING
My software never has bugs.
It just develops random features.
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

what really sux is working a full week without sleeping, four machines rendering a damn animation that takes 82 hours for each 30 secs of render, pressure on your neck with calls every day, almost 5-6 times a day to see how things are going, having a deadline (last wednesday), finishing on time (wed at 8:00 a.m. I called in to say it was ready), no down payment and then the freaking man doesn't even come to pick it up!!!! and even worse, no $$$$$$ !!!!! even worser... all my bills are due!!!!!

damn! damn1 damn! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
dhenton9000

Post by dhenton9000 »

lets see

no job

no friends

2 dogs

I think I've got you all beat :?
luckymutt

Post by luckymutt »

@afecelis you must be reading my mail, man.

I busted myself all this past week, staying at work for incredibly long hours, spending a total of 4 waking hours with my wife and daughter during that time, all to meet a deadline..."Friday! Must have it friday!!!"...
...deadline was met ... and they will be picking it up Monday morning. :evil: (but at least the gave something down at the beginning of the project)

and about clients in this field, do yours decide to make multiple, BIG changes during the project (or worse yet, somehow "forget" to mention changes until you're almost done), or is that just the ones I deal with?
...also, why do architecht's drawings SUCK :?: :?:
--------------------------------------------------------
What's wrong with secret societies?
Hey! Let's start the Irrlicht secret society...
we can get secret tatoos, develope a secret handshake, have secret meetings on the first full moons after the solstace and equinox where we ceramonioiusly kill a goat and party down !
:D
afecelis
Admin

Post by afecelis »

@Luckymutt:
I usually show them some test renders before doing the final animation so that they can change stuff. But I usually write it down on the contract: "up to 2 test renders equivalent to 2 major corrections in lo-res". After rendering the finals anything they change will cost them some extra $$$. But that's no problem when rendering stills; Imagine this freak; calls me on tuesday (the night before the deadline) and says: "you know what Alvaro? those palm trees, please move them to the other sidewalk and render the animations again..." I was like.... WHATTTTTAFAAAKKKKK!!!???? I don't know why ppl has gotten the idea with 3d graphics that it's just pressing a button and then evrything gets updated like magic. They even say it to me: "why, what's the problem with that? Don't you just press a button and that's it?" I think it's also a bad idea to show your clients the 3d model and let them see you manipulating it in your 3d package; it gives them the idea that it's pretty easy and that you enjoy it so much that it can't be real work, ignoring all the work involved in modeling-texturing-uv mapping the damn thing.

to top things off; I call the damn bastard and he left his cell on message box, and I just saw him at a local fair (horse-riding festival) with his hat, his coleagues and some chicks having scotch that costs like US$50 a bottle or more!!! Damn him, his ppl and 10 generations of his family!!!! now I know where my money went!!!
Quall

Post by Quall »

Start creating contracts and getting the cash up front :(
Armen138

Re: Wanna know what REALLY sucks?

Post by Armen138 »

Midnight wrote:

I imported mine from Norway ;)
if you're looking for me, start looking on irc, i'm probably there.
TheRLG

Post by TheRLG »

Hey man, these guys here think they're geeks because they can run MS Calculator using the run command or they learned HTML once. I asked in one of my classes if anyone knew any programming languages, and a girl said "I do, como esta?" ... So I feel your pain.
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I have my dream girl. She has no clue how to turn the computer on, so I don't have to worry about her deleting my work. :)
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3d

Sys specs:
AMD 3700+ 64 processor
1.0 gb ram
e-Geforce 6600 graphics 256 mb onboard ram
Midnight

Post by Midnight »

tell them it takes a year to build an application that can make your work only ten thousand mouse clicks rather then a million lmfao
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

MikeR wrote:I have my dream girl. She has no clue how to turn the computer on, so I don't have to worry about her deleting my work. :)
Yes, Yes I have my dream girl as well, She knows how to turn a computer on though but not how to delete. However if she kicks my rear in time crisis one more time :cry: I think I will give up on that game!
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>

Post by Guest »

WTF! Leave my swedish girls here in sweden :)