Search found 5 matches

by RonJF
Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:16 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Re: Engines
Replies: 9
Views: 1703

rogerborg wrote:Unless you intend to model some sort of intelligent super-fish, then a finite state machine should do just fine.
So typically, FSM is used to animate characters in a game (like a FPS)?
Do some engines include FSM for character animation?

Ron
by RonJF
Tue Feb 03, 2009 2:51 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Re: Engines
Replies: 9
Views: 1703

3d Game Requirements

I'm looking into building a fishing game, so I'm guessing I'd need some sort of AI for the fish.

Ron
by RonJF
Mon Feb 02, 2009 8:22 pm
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Re: Engines
Replies: 9
Views: 1703

Thanks,

Where does AI come in on all this. Will I need to write my own AI code, or are there good libraries for this as well?

Ron
by RonJF
Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:14 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Re: Engines
Replies: 9
Views: 1703

Re: Engines

Hi,
I have C# programming experience, but I'm completely new to 3D programming, so please forgive my ignorance. My questions are:

Isn't Direct3D an "Engine" for developing 3D games? If so, why do I need another "Engine" to develop 3d games? Do developers use Irrlicht (and other engines) to make 3d ...
by RonJF
Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:22 am
Forum: Beginners Help
Topic: Re: Folder \example.net
Replies: 1
Views: 640

Re: Folder \example.net

I don't see this folder....

File: readme.txt in download version 1.5
==========================================================================
1. Directory Structure Overview
==========================================================================
\example.net Examples and tutorials showing how ...