3D character MODELLING - First King Project

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
lostanimator

about corrections

Post by lostanimator »

just for the laugh of it (this bloke makes me mad...)

This work is in stand by, waiting for instructions...
lostanimator

picture for comparing

Post by lostanimator »

Here's a layered copy, with a layer with a proportionally scaled picture of myself (not naked...). For those who want to know what vermeer and I are discussing here. Position is aproximate, as I was taking the picture myself... sorry

And yes I was holding my belly, and my arms are not that big, but I wasn't sketching from this ref...

http://www.caurium.com/irr/comparison.jpg

A 1'90 tall bloke looks more smalled headed than me, I suppose, or is it some sort of complex...
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

And yes I was holding my belly, and my arms are not that big, but I wasn't sketching from this ref...

after all, we're all quite "average" ... ;)

a man can have those hands and arms, but by nature, would also have powerful big legs, with also huge bones then...and longer...

this guy for sure is more than 1.90...no more than 8 heads (classic cannon) .While is not really a "harmonic" guy...
http://i00.rnhh.de/uk/fd/inc/realgen/ss ... _11409.jpg

the flexed legs is not comon done for human character...or if done, set some shading to explain the volume happening, the pose...but not really done, you can rig with straight leg, most people do just a a few º flexed, almost straight.Is more orther tricks.
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

still think the crotch should be upper...
lostanimator

Post by lostanimator »

still think the crotch should be upper...
if master vermeer thinks so, we must listen and learn.

here's yet another eight head figure, just sketched from the previous ones (deform tool in PS CS3 is great!!).

INSTRUCTIONS FOR THIS "GAME":

The aim is to get a human template .jpg file ready for those who wouldn't draw it themselves. This is a version of the front view, subject to changes and imrpovements, according to argumented proposals posted in this thread.

- Please be concise and precise. like vermeer's two "head equals three hands all across the western hemisphere and surrounding lands..."

- Please understand this is not meant to a be a tailored drawing, so we'll just be happy with a proportioned base to work with, if I see it viable, I might upload a layered PNG or PSD with separated legs and arms.

- Keep your posts shorter than 5 characters if your name has three "ees" in it.

vermeer

Post by vermeer »

- crotch is too low yet... you've put it bellow the division you made...but no need, in general, it's a paticorto guy... nothing against em, but you'r kindof drawing an "average" hero, not an average manolo er der tractó.

- arms you seem to envision them a bit bigger when set in diagonal...just a bit. may be a psicological thing... (unless ur just comapring old with new...)

other than that, looking great ;)

A nice ref (tho nothing is perfect) :
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/c ... iatour.jpg

And as a last note, dudes with longer legs,(without reaching the exaggeration of Manga, an style am definitely not fan of...) do transmit more dinamism, and sort of overall look taller. Which is why 8 heads or more, with the 4/4 distribution, is more idealized and heroic, tho not far from the regular, which can be 7, 7.5. And depending, of course, there's way more diferent numbers, and the war hammer 6000 (or whatever thenumber they are now) or heros like Hulk, the thing ...those have really small heads to achieve the dinosaur/mountain of muscles effect, often set to hyper muscled guys, or the mega boss one.

it's good , i just like being picky..
lostanimator

Post by lostanimator »

revised with the vitruvian man(olo), whose crotch was disguised by some unidentifyed soft tissue which hangs right between our view and the crotch itself...

Arms resized, legs refined (knees up and length adapted to real size if center doesn´t change, or inscribed in a circle), and head remains like before.

torso a little retouched (sylicon sixpack / "300 series")

Vermeer exceded character limit, but he took the time to answer, so he deserves attention

JP

Post by JP »

Dude... if you're gonna draw anatomical drawings you really need to be comfortable with drawing massive throbbing dongs.... it's just the way of the world...

:lol:
Image Image Image
lostanimator

corrected

Post by lostanimator »

thanks JP, you're right, I wonder why everyone is so concerned about that paritcular part of the drawing....

There was an anatomy teacher at fine arts school that used to call it "natural part", as if the rest were artificial.

Here's the girl, no details yet...

JP

Post by JP »

now that's what i'm talking about, but it's not sexy enough... give her a boob job dammit!!

:lol:

as i said to lostanimator in a PM i was just joking about needing a large trouser snake in there, (most) games won't actually show it so it doesn't need to be considered much!
Image Image Image
torleif

Post by torleif »

I was gonna say, we're all males here... jack up the boob size!
Dark_Kilauea

Post by Dark_Kilauea »

Actually, I do believe some (omgosh!) females frequent these forums.
rogerborg wrote:Every time someone learns to use a debugger, an angel gets their wings.
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

I think size of boobs is ok... dudes... you're not gonna have a relation with the drawing (I sincerelly hope) .. and if you would, heh, it'd still be lacking a lot of inches in the 3rd dimension... and btw, small boobies can be extremely attractive... the usual plastic thing is getting really boring...

lol

good drawing of the woman... (maybe head bit small, neck bit long)
lostanimator

updated female base

Post by lostanimator »

Just a little fun with CS3 and my new wacom...

there is a lot to improve, I know, so please focus comments on structure and proportion, as shading and brush use is been added just to play a little with painting techniques in photoshop. Don't know the use of this within the FK project, but I thought it wouldn't be fair to do just a male figure.

So there's some girls in the forum? let's not offend them with dongly macho man jokes, which can be an easy way of dealing with anatomy issues... but not the most efficient, for sure....
I started, I supose, so sorry.

vermeer

Post by vermeer »

she's having almost 4'5 till crotch...while in woman case is mroe "average" to have less heads... (still they look amazingly proportioned, mistery...)

I'd say in case of "average" woman 7,5 may suit better, or an 'heroic' one, 8...

but part of the sensation is neck's lenght, that tends to happen in other models.

She has a powerful torso and shoulders, but no issue here, is perfectly possible...

try lowering the head position(less neck height), and enlarging the head , see how it looks, and see if it matches for you.. one can't get into another's brain... :)