Bullet physics demo

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
nano

Post by nano »

Updated to compile with Bullet 2.63:

http://www.imtwelve.com/irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats.rar

Only minor changes to the source to reflect changes in Bullet API.
drac_gd

content license

Post by drac_gd »

nano,
I am making a open source RPG builder. As always I am looking for content that can be freely distributed ( with any required credits of course ). Can any of your content be distubuted provided it is fully credited ?

home website is http://www.tronacom.com
nano

Post by nano »

It is not my content. The code was all written by nomad (go to the first page of the thread), i simply updated the code to work with the latest version of Bullet.
sio2
Competition winner

Post by sio2 »

I got it to compile OK with VS2005 and Bullet 2.63final. The lib and include paths seem to be for "bullet2.55" but was solved easily enough by changing them to point my 2.63 install.
wydesenej

Post by wydesenej »

How i compile this demo in unix??? pls help
VagueNess

Post by VagueNess »

When I close the program, VC++2005 starts complaining about an unhandled Win32 exeption... Any help?
Sorry for any bad English, I'm Dutch.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

What's the status on this one as I'm planning on moving to do some Physics testing later.

Thanks.
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

I'm currently updating the demo code.

And the error messages below show what files need updating.

I'm currently testing the demo code against:

1) Irrlicht-1.4.2
2) Bullet-2.72

I will work on the code and post the update later.

Thanks.

Code: Select all

c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\main.cpp(7) : error C2259: 'CApp' : cannot instantiate abstract class
        due to following members:
        'bool irr::IEventReceiver::OnEvent(const irr::SEvent &)' : pure virtual function was not defined
        c:\packages\irrlicht-1.4.2\include\IEventReceiver.h(262) : see declaration of 'irr::IEventReceiver::OnEvent'
IrrlichtObject.cpp
BulletPhysicsWorld.cpp
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsWorld.cpp(145) : error C2039: 'HasHit' : is not a member of 'btCollisionWorld::ClosestRayResultCallback'
        c:\packages\bullet-2.72\src\BulletCollision\CollisionDispatch\btCollisionWorld.h(210) : see declaration of 'btCollisionWorld::ClosestRayResultCallback'
BulletPhysicsObject.cpp
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(54) : error C2661: 'btRigidBody::btRigidBody' : no overloaded function takes 8 arguments
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(66) : error C2039: 'setCcdSquareMotionThreshold' : is not a member of 'btRigidBody'
        c:\packages\bullet-2.72\src\BulletDynamics\Dynamics\btRigidBody.h(42) : see declaration of 'btRigidBody'
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(69) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'btScalar', possible loss of data
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(150) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'btScalar', possible loss of data
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(151) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'btScalar', possible loss of data
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(152) : warning C4244: 'argument' : conversion from 'double' to 'btScalar', possible loss of data
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(187) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(197) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
c:\packages\irrlicht_bullet_demo_stats\BulletPhysicsObject.cpp(213) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

And here is the latest screenshot of the updated code...

Runs on the latest Irrlicht (1.4.2) and Bullet (2.72) codebase.

Tho I still need to do more debugging in there.

dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

OK, here is the link to updated demo code...

https://sourceforge.net/project/showfil ... _id=295333

Enjoy.

Note:

1) It will only work with Irrlicht 1.4.2 and Bullet-2.72
2) Irrlicht 1.4.2 and Bullet-2.72 download separately. Not included in package.
3) No EXE included, compile-link then run. Irrlicht 1.4.2 DLL included.
4) Batteries sold separately.
5) The end is near! Repent!
Halifax

Post by Halifax »

Good work, but your taking a very minimalistic approach with your release aren't you? Why no executable? Without that, it's a lot of work just to use an updated Bullet library.
TheQuestion = 2B || !2B
go

Post by go »

I downloaded this project but cannot make in vista.

when i close this application, exception message comes
rogerborg
Admin

Post by rogerborg »

...aaaaaand...?
Please upload candidate patches to the tracker.
Need help now? IRC to #irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
Minnek

Post by Minnek »

I just wanted to comment that this demo made the integration and learning curve for Bullet much easier, and inspired a lot of ideas in how to encapsulate and interface between Irrlicht and Bullet in my own game. Kudos and much thanks to the creator. I look forward to any other content, demos, or what have thou that may come. :)
dlangdev

Post by dlangdev »

go wrote:I downloaded this project but cannot make in vista.

when i close this application, exception message comes
If you made it that far, I think you can figure out the bug.