Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
roelor

Post by roelor »

That scene gives off a warm feeling, The only thing I don't like is the ground texture. Try some sand blocks..
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

kaos wrote:In this moment I am trying to add shader with bump, specular.... I hope to get it.

awesome
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

kaos wrote:In this moment I am trying to add shader with bump, specular.... I hope to get it.

Can we get this image at a larger resolution ? Say.. 1600x1200 :D :?:
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
empirepro

Post by empirepro »

Heres a quick screenshot from me!

BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Hey is that using the XEffects shadowmapping? :D
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
kaos

Post by kaos »

BlindSide wrote:
Hey is that using the XEffects shadowmapping? :D
No :(, because finally I needed a lightmap_m2 for to get the contrast of the shadow and light the sun and all, are static lightmap.
MasterGod wrote: Can we get this image at a larger resolution ? Say.. 1600x1200 :D :?:
http://www.web-asturias.es/shot0001.jpg
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

No Sad, because finally I needed a lightmap_m2 for to get the contrast of the shadow and light the sun and all, are static lightmap.
Oh, shot down :( But like I said, you can set lightcolor to SColorf(2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0) to achieve similar contrast with the XEffects shadowmaps, it can be greater than 1.0. Also, you can still use lightmap for things like AO, you can combine both. I am not asking you to use it or anything if you don't want to, I just liked that screenshot you posted of the shadowmaps in the XEffects thread.
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Looks sweet! That last render of Kaos is great!
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt
kaos

Post by kaos »

BlindSide wrote:
No Sad, because finally I needed a lightmap_m2 for to get the contrast of the shadow and light the sun and all, are static lightmap.
Oh, shot down :( But like I said, you can set lightcolor to SColorf(2.0, 2.0, 2.0, 2.0) to achieve similar contrast with the XEffects shadowmaps, it can be greater than 1.0. Also, you can still use lightmap for things like AO, you can combine both. I am not asking you to use it or anything if you don't want to, I just liked that screenshot you posted of the shadowmaps in the XEffects thread.

I prefer xefffetcs( dynamic always ), I am going to test.

The problem is that I don't understand the shaders very well and I want to use them slowly. And.... I had a proble with xeffects the antialias not worked.

thanks
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

Beautiful !!!

Please keep us updated on your progress? I am also trying to do the same, with no luck so far. Right now, tangent meshes can only have 1 set of uv coords, so you have to either bake the details into the lightmap (ugly), or use the same mapping for both and try to scale the texture coordinates for the detail textures. The latter making it impossible to uvmap anything but flat walls.
But in a world of "makePlanarTextureMap" all is good I guess
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Or the third method of generating tangents on the fly...
oldskoolPunk

Post by oldskoolPunk »

BlindSide wrote:Or the third method of generating tangents on the fly...
Thanks Blindside. I remember seeing this way back in a post about 4-light normalmapped animated meshes but i cant find it now.

I tried this and it works great. Beautiful radiosity baked diffuse lighting with realtime specular highlights on bump-mapped suracfes!! Ive heard this is a performance hog, but I cant tell on my computer :)

Now if I can get a decent bake out of blender so I can proove it haha.
Signature? I ain't signin nuthin!
fmx

Post by fmx »

I tried it too, and it appears to be a bit of an expensive calculation for me generally.
Helps the FPS if you only play with one or two lights rather than 4 though.

Looking forward to seeing what you guys come up with oldskoolPunk and kaos :)

um empirepro, can I ask, what your screenshot supposed to be showing?
empirepro

Post by empirepro »

My screenshot didn't have any special effect or anything its just a space scene. The StarBase wasn't even finished being textured yet! lol but oh well
Bear_130278

Post by Bear_130278 »

May i add something? :oops:
Do you like VODKA???