IrrMaple

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

you should split up the tasks into 2 categories, one which is much harder and another which is simpler and fun (eg. GUI). when you get bored with the first one you can just stop for a while and do the simpler one, accomplish it and you will not get demotivated so easily.

good luck mate :lol:
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Moved to new place, no internet yet. So I'm using my awesome cheap Mobile Broadband (3€ / month 328kbs >_<) While i get my 8mbits internet. I'll update my blog to wordpress blog and maybe code my own much later. After I've updated my blog, i will show some cool stuff from my project :wink:
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

i'm watching your project! *giving stress* :twisted:
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Got the 8mbits net (God it's fast!) and updated my blog to wordpress which had Reply function on comments so i don't have to code my own. Also start of Monster/Mob functionality :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uo6dQdrG4lM

Monster is just basically a NPC or Player (Bot) it just has different AI Script. The current AI script is simple. It just follows the player with SetPosition command (Hence the laggy movement) I will add AI Behavior system later =)
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Update,
http://headerfile.net/archives/28

Fixed bug on mob code.
lostanimator

Post by lostanimator »

neat work man!!

It's good to see how you are getting out the most out of the system. And good graphics, too.
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Thanks, going to get the Pandora console when the mass production starts and port this project to it =)

I will add touch screen functionality to the game so you can play it only with using the stylus or finger if you want.
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Currently implanting some functionality, weapons, items etc.. Gonna do single player game first with this engine.
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

I think I'm ready to work on tech demo or proof-of-concept. I first need to make the level editor usable. Any ideas what kind of style should i aim for Level editor? What features are must? and what features makes life easier, but you can life without? Also how should the level editor link with other systems like Scripting, AI, etc?

The demo will use barely good 2d art <_<
brcolow

Post by brcolow »

Just wanted to quickly jump in and say I really love this project and think you're doing a fantastic job! Keep up the good work sir.
G'Day.
Yoran
Site Admin

Post by Yoran »

Love this style! Keep it up
Cloudef

Post by Cloudef »

Thanks.

Btw, I've been using stupid workarounds for some scripts. I've been wondering is there way to make "this - calls" withing AngelScript? Like passing pre-made pointer into function to script handle and then return it back? If there is way, I'm gonna change my work arounds. I know lua can do this, but i really prefer AS style, but the documentation explains the things pretty "difficult" to me.
BlindSide
Admin

Post by BlindSide »

Have you tried Mono for scripting?
ShadowMapping for Irrlicht!: Get it here
Need help? Come on the IRC!: #irrlicht on irc://irc.freenode.net
FuzzYspo0N

Post by FuzzYspo0N »

Mono has is LGPL, and has some weird licences :

You need to pay if you want to do :

"Preventing Mono or its class libraries from being upgraded (for example, to prevent gamers from cheating)."

But anyway,i think he figured it out in AS over msn yesterday.
grumpymonkey

Post by grumpymonkey »

This looks really good, great work!