Screenshot of the Month December [Winner!]

Competitions for Irrlicht or 3D in general.
Irrlicht Screenshot of the Month: Winner for January, vote for February, submit for March

Best screenshot December 2009

Poll ended at Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:15 am

tonic - Downward Spiral Sunset in Stair Dismount
3%
Eigen - Front Warrior
18%
randomMesh - Katastrophe
3%
devsh - Wet boards
3%
andres - Nocturne Thief
6%
rrg - Western Mini Golf 3D
21%
devsh - Chooser
3%
m3ltd0wn - veedub
3%
xDan - Unnamed Puzzle Game
9%
Insomniacp - Zombie World
No votes
Firgof - New Year's Celebration
30%

Total votes: 33

JP

Post by JP »

the one on the right i guess but it looks like you need to cap the highlights a bit as they seem to be going a bit higher than they should be at the extreme.
Image Image Image
telepuzik

Post by telepuzik »

deleted
Last edited by telepuzik on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JP

Post by JP »

Very nice!
Image Image Image
3D Ace

Post by 3D Ace »

I like it. Will soon,maybe January submit my own Screenshots. Have been using irrlicht for about 1 year now. Only recently decided to create an account, just reading others posts simply isnt enough.
Im working on a game project of my own with 7 other people for about 6months now. So you can expect quite something special in the future. :)
3D Ace

Post by 3D Ace »

Oh and devsh. I like the one on the right more. The bump map has more contrast.
hayate

Post by hayate »

@telepuzik: How did you get lineage 2 models? I tried to export them but I wasn't able to do it :(
Sorry for my awful english ^_^'
telepuzik

Post by telepuzik »

deleted
Last edited by telepuzik on Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
hayate

Post by hayate »

telepuzik wrote:
hayate wrote:@telepuzik: How did you get lineage 2 models? I tried to export them but I wasn't able to do it :(
I am use amazing tool Unreal Model Viewer from Gildor - http://www.gildor.org/. It extract Animation/Model/StaticMeshes/Textures from Unreal games packages to:
- Unreal ActiveX format - PSK(mesh)/PSA(animation) or
- MD5 format
Then You can import Unreal ActiveX format to 3DMax using Actor X Importer or write your own importer to Irrlicht.

I am trying writing importer from Unreal PSK/PSA to Irrlicht.
Thank you very much :wink: , I didn't found that tool, I'm going to download and try it now ^_^
Sorry for my awful english ^_^'
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

telepuzik, you can't use models, texture or animations (though we can'T see that) from some protected work in this competition (especially since the goal of this competition is to promote irrlicht.)
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Well, that's not exactly true. This would prevent people from presenting screenshots from closed source, or even commercial games based on Irrlicht. The main restriction for submissions in this contest is, that the rendering has to be made by Irrlicht (but even modified Irrlicht versions are allowed, as long as these adhere to the Irrlicht license).
However, submitters should usually own all rights for publication of the shown arts. This should be necessary for the submitter to avoid legal actions by the copyright holder anyway. I'll add a sentence about copyrights to the next month's contest announcement, but after all it's up to the submitter. At least it was explicitly mentioned here, which should be the least thing to do. I hope this is ok for everyone.
telepuzik

Post by telepuzik »

Ok, sorry :oops:
I remove my messages
Sorry for my awful english (c)
Dorth

Post by Dorth »

What hybrid said, mostly. That was pretty much what I meant, though badly expressed, I guess. Lots of people start with art, code or music that isn't theirs. But there's a limit to what you can legaly do with that stuff and usually, once it goes public, you lose a lot of can do. Hopefully we'll see your project with other models/anims soon :)

P.S.: It isn't completly on the poster's head either, since this project could (as if) get the axe from sourceforge if we don't follow the Terms.
hybrid
Admin

Post by hybrid »

Ok, just saw that I forgot to put the submission thread onto our main page. So I updated the deadline a little bit and also added the copyright notice.

Another thing I'd like to mention already now: We will have a "Best Screenshot 2009" contest right after we have elected the best one for December, i.e. in Januar 2010. You'll have to choose among all winners of this year's Screenshot of the Month contest. I'm really looking forward to this final shoot-out :D
Escen
Competition winner

Post by Escen »

We will have a "Best Screenshot 2009" contest right after we have elected the best one for December
That is a great idea!!
3DModelerMan

Post by 3DModelerMan »

That sounds like a great idea.
That would be illogical captain...

My first full game:
http://www.kongregate.com/games/3DModel ... tor#tipjar