Post Your Irrlicht Screenshots / Render Here.

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
cobra

Post by cobra »

Here are some screenshots of perlin noise and an exponent curve function that I am working with for irrWeatherManager clouds. I got a little distracted with the fun. ;)

Josiah Hartzell
sudi

Post by sudi »

Awesome Cobra you should create gallery in 3d you could walk. that would be interessting.
We're programmers. Programmers are, in their hearts, architects, and the first thing they want to do when they get to a site is to bulldoze the place flat and build something grand. We're not excited by renovation:tinkering,improving,planting flower beds.
Luben

Post by Luben »

loki1985 wrote:
Radikalizm wrote:...
i had the same idea after seeing the screens. i will try to put it in a way which equals devshs own charming way to express constructive criticism:

SERIOUSLY DEVSH... USE TEXTURES!
This made me smile ^^
Gorbstein

Post by Gorbstein »

My first game : A world-rotates-around-the-ship top down shootemup with gameplay crossed between Elite and old Amiga games Seek and Destroy or Transplant (video here). The plan is to have space exploration and trading as well as fast paced battles with lots of bullet eye candy.

Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Looks awesome Gorbstein! Any plans on adding some planetary effect shaders? Some atmosphere shaders would be nice, a regular lighting model just looks strange on a complete planet
Gorbstein

Post by Gorbstein »

Yeah, it's in the plan once I have the gameplay finished. I don't have any experience of shaders at all so this will be a nice test-bed when I come to learning.

Do you have any references for planet shading techniques?

D
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

Gorbstein wrote:Yeah, it's in the plan once I have the gameplay finished. I don't have any experience of shaders at all so this will be a nice test-bed when I come to learning.

Do you have any references for planet shading techniques?

D
Nvidia has a planetary atmosphere shader in their GPU Gems 2 book

This technique is both for in-atmosphere scattering and out of atmosphere scattering http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGem ... ter16.html
Gorbstein

Post by Gorbstein »

Radikalizm wrote: Nvidia has a planetary atmosphere shader in their GPU Gems 2 book

This technique is both for in-atmosphere scattering and out of atmosphere scattering http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGem ... ter16.html
The out of atmosphere scattering looks awesome, something to get my teeth into. I also intend to improve the textures, most of the models and textures are placeholders atm.

D
Granthus

Post by Granthus »

Just an example of my implementation of CNebula for use in my game/simulation 'Trader'.

devsh
Competition winner

Post by devsh »

here is me being silly with my grass generator by inputting a naughty image as a vegetation map...
see my grass generator is almost as functional as unity3d splines
pippy3

Post by pippy3 »

Escen
Competition winner

Post by Escen »

32 kills, beat me!!
cobra

Post by cobra »

Nice game pippy3!

I like the way you did it; it's one of those games that keeps you trying to get a better score. Well done!

I stopped at 12 kills. Boo.
Josiah Hartzell
shadowslair

Post by shadowslair »

Escen wrote:32 kills, beat me!!
51, beat ya! Third try. The first two I crashed in some planet in the very first second. X) :lol: Actually there were 58, but this was the last screenie I`ve taken. Too lazy to play right now. ( http://pics.data.bg/categories/1/%D0%BE ... tmap_image )
"Although we walk on the ground and step in the mud... our dreams and endeavors reach the immense skies..."
stefbuet
Competition winner

Post by stefbuet »

@devsh: nice picture, too bad you used an img which won't allow you to be taken seriously by people around here. :roll: