AI learns to balance a stick

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Electron

Post by Electron »

Quite cool. Is the source available or is it closed?
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

I probably won't make the source code available for this one because its a bit messy and a couple of bugs (that actually don't do any damage).

However, I will release some source code for my further projects like my walker.

Joe
katoun

Post by katoun »

Good.
I'm realy forward to see THE WALKER.
Good luck.
Kat'Oun
Bot_Builder

Post by Bot_Builder »

Yeah, the walker should be very entertaining. I bet if you set it up with four legs with some decent power your best walkers for a while will be frog-like jumpers using back legs for propulsion and front for balance.

Very cool implementations of walker evolution can be found in Framsticks - an awesome general purpose NN/GA/physics simulator. http://www.frams.alife.pl/

Another with a couple walking examples among some other neat AI stuff is breve - http://www.spiderland.org/breve/
ImageXP SP2, AMD Athlon 64 3500+, 1GB HyperX RAM, Radeon X700 Pro (PCI-e), 120GB SATA drive :)
Robomaniac

Post by Robomaniac »

Very interesting :)
The Robomaniac
Project Head / Lead Programmer
Centaur Force
katoun

Post by katoun »

Hi,
I have found some interesting resource:
http://www.isi.edu/isd/LOOM/LOOM-HOME.html
Try to see if it can help you(I think it can, besides you know more about AI that me so you could use it).
Kat'Oun
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Katoun,

Looking at that sort of reminds me of the time I spent looking at Prolog to try and solve a sport league scheduling problem. After a while I realised prolog wasn't going to give me anything special so I ditched it, learnt GA and wrote a programme in a day that solved the problem very well.

In other words, I think any half decent programmer could implement their ideas quickly enough in C++ (for example) rather than having to learn a new language.

Regards
Joe
katoun

Post by katoun »

Sorry,
I have found they don't use C++ for theyr project anymore, too late(older versions where in C++ but those are no where to be found).
Sorry I thought I could help you.
Kat'Oun
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Katoun,

No problem, thanks for the link. Actually the AI side of things is pretty straight foward. Its the physics that's the complicated bit. I'm awaiting the next SDK release of Newton which should include the final piece I'm missing then fingers crossed...

Joe
katoun

Post by katoun »

:shock: What final piece(Linux suport) or something else,you got my atention here( like you haven't with your AI )but is there somthing new going to be added to Newton :?: :P
Kat'Oun
katoun

Post by katoun »

:shock: What final piece(Linux suport) or something else,you got my atention here( like you haven't with your AI )but is there somthing new going to be added to Newton :?: :P
Kat'Oun
JoeWright

Post by JoeWright »

Julio is hopefully going to include some example code in the SDK of how to programme a motorised universal joint. He did give an example but it was wrong so he's going to have to re-write it.

Joe
katoun

Post by katoun »

Uuuuuu, :P
Kat'Oun
cassini

Post by cassini »

Actually Linux and Mac support is been done already.
http://www.physicsengine.com/downloads.html