IrrWizard?

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
MikeR

Post by MikeR »

I finally got some time to test this. Nice work.
My only problem with it is that is in windows format. It worked great tho and looks nice.
If it exists in the real world, it can be created in 3d

Sys specs:
AMD 3700+ 64 processor
1.0 gb ram
e-Geforce 6600 graphics 256 mb onboard ram

Post by Guest »

When i try to launch it says failed to initialize java virtual machine i dunno why this is happening as i can run the old versions
area51

Post by area51 »

Ok, very sorry about that, I havn't managed to get it to fail while testing yet.

Two things you can do.

1.Next to the .exe is IrrWizard.cfg, you can edit the second line to point to your JRE, ie

C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_04\bin\javaw.exe

Or

2. in the /resources folder there is a runme.bat. Double click that and it should pick up your JRE also.

I thought I had all bases covered.

Hope this helps
________
Last edited by area51 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Awsome man, love the work you have done, i am currently starting programing, and have encountered a problem.

When i try and compile, it says LNK1181 Error, cant find Home.obj.

The dll is in the folder and its all linked up correctly, like its set to the include folder and the lib, win32 folder.

any help would be much appreicated and once again keep up the good work man.
area51

Post by area51 »

It shouldn't create a project file that trys to link to 'home.obj', have text searched the directory and source code, and all is as expected.

It may have added a spurious character when setting the 'additional dependancies' and linker options in the project file it creates. I havn't come across this before though.
If it's possible, try to locate and remove any references to home.obj in your project, as it's not required.

You may have this included by mistake in the 'Tools->options->Projects and Solutions->VC++ Directories' section, check that out also

Does it happen when you create a simple 'Hello world' project by hand (as in Irrlicht Tutorial 1)

If all else fails, then you can create a simple project as in Irrlicht Tutorial 1, then copy and add the source files manually. A bit of a cop out I know, as it's supposed to do it all for you.

Good luck, and I hope you can get it working
________
Last edited by area51 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Yo thankz 4 ur reply.
after hours of hair pulling i finaly figured it out.
It seems that something doesnt like spaces in the folder names, so i replaced the space with "_" and it worked fine.

thankz once again and keep up the good work
area51

Post by area51 »

Excellent, thanks for the feedback, I will add some better error checking for the next release.
________
Last edited by area51 on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

idear

Post by Guest »

i have a idear for irrwizard my idear is have a "use Zlib" option if its ticked instead of using /media folder use a media.zip
Guesty

Post by Guesty »

your piece of software works perfectly here, my devc++ compiled to the first attempt
Guest1

Post by Guest1 »

hey man, i downlaoded the sourve 4 ur wizard and i must say that it really is awsome.
I just having a bit of trouble and i thought that i would post here instead of begginer forums as ppl who are farmiliar with IrrWizard can help me out.

I just having some trouble with collision, i have loaded the map in using the function provided and have collision working with the camera as i followed the tutes, my new problem is that i cant seem to get the player to have collision detection with the map.

Code: Select all

scene::IAnimatedMeshSceneNode *man;
man = pManager->getSceneManager()->addAnimatedMeshSceneNode(pManager->getSceneManager()->getMesh(			 "media/Models/Objects/man.x"));

//! Assign manto the player class //
	pManager->getPlayer()->setModel(man);
ok that works and it loads the char in, but i havn trouble figuring out how to make the player "man" stay withinside the map.

thankz.
area51

Post by area51 »

Thats a short comming on my part, It needs to be added to the generated code really, which I will do tonight.

Basically a MetaTriangleSelector needs to be created and exposed. Then set in the LoadMap function. You can then add your 'man's' TriangleSelector to that.

Thanks for the feedback.

To zip things from code i will need the winzip command line support addon to be present on the target machine, which i can't guarantee. (I could however pre- zip the media I guess) Will think about it, and again thanks for the feedback.
________
area51

Post by area51 »

I've added a MetaTriangleSelector to the GamePlayState, and an example of it's use on the main page.

Good luck
area51

Post by area51 »

Updated to work with version 0.14.0.

No new functionality, only minor bug fixes. :cry:
Coty

Post by Coty »

It's Beautiful!

I love it :)

Post by Guest »

Hi the old version(for irrlicht0.12) works good, instead this version give back this error

[Linker error] undefined reference to `_imp___ZN3irr12createDeviceENS_5video13E_DRIVER_TYPEERKNS_4core11dimension2dIiEEjbbbPNS_14IEventReceiverEPKw'

and in the create device I found this "EDT_DIRECT3D9" maybe do you mean "EDT_DIRECTX9"?

dan