irrXBOX

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
Murphy

Post by Murphy »

Congrats on getting it working. :)
exal wrote:Apparently the xbox uses swizzled textures for some kind of optimization.
I've heard this before (with the term "swizzled"), but a quick look didn't get me a definition. What are swizzled textures? Just not standard left-to-right top-to-bottom packing?

Post by Guest »

with input ye mean the controller inputs? ^^
well no game on earth can be played without input so good luck with that ^^

and grats for getting it on XBox
Joe_Oliveri

Post by Joe_Oliveri »

Well one question, When looking into the Irrlicht Engine code, is this the _XBOX I see? How exactly would you get it to work?
Irrlicht Moderator || Game Designer
Learn the basics at </dream.in.code>
rnhdk

is this project setup with souce still available?

Post by rnhdk »

I can not connect the the ftp server, when trying to download the source. I would really appreciate if I could get the source sample for experimentation.
darkfox404

asd

Post by darkfox404 »

ya can exal fix the server? i really want to port my game to xbox! :)

Now does anybody have an xbox360 i bet the code isnt very different probably a few changes here and there

hope we get the inputs going ;)
cypher543

Post by cypher543 »

Now does anybody have an xbox360 i bet the code isnt very different probably a few changes here and there
Isn't very different?? Are you insane? XBOX 360 is "next-gen". It's got a whole new graphics engine, not to mention a completely new set of hardware. So yes, I would say the code would be VERY different.
Hirte

Post by Hirte »

Isn't the XBOX360 not backwardcompatible?
cypher543

Post by cypher543 »

The Xbox 360 is only backwards compatible with best selling games (Like Halo/Halo 2, Need For Speed, etc). And in order to play a backwards compatible game, you must have the Hard Drive attached to the 360.
jam

Post by jam »

cypher543 wrote:The Xbox 360 is only backwards compatible with best selling games
heh, who would have thought Barbie™ Horse Adventures™ Wild Horse Rescue™ was a best selling game on the XBox :shock: :lol:

anyways the complete list Link

As for code I suspect it is drastically different as Microsoft has to write a software emulator for each game that it wants to port to the 360.
master123467

Post by master123467 »

hey can someone plz get a working link and will u tell use how to use the xdk with visual studio .net 2003 to get our games on modded xbox's
SiW

Post by SiW »

Bringing this old thread back to ask.. ..is this code still available, exal? Does anyone else still have it laying around?
patrickrho

Post by patrickrho »

source?
segafan

irrXbox source, please

Post by segafan »

Can someone upload irrXbox source on RapidShare, Megaupload or any other share page, please? Or send me it on my e-mail (segafan@tiscali.cz)

Thanks