Free Weapon Models avaible!

Announce new projects or updates of Irrlicht Engine related tools, games, and applications.
Also check the Wiki
dawasw

Free Weapon Models avaible!

Post by dawasw »

Welcome all - I made a small thing that could be useful for those who want to finish some little FPS and are really having bit trouble with 'combining' faces via vertexes.

I put it here cause more people visit this section (<- little note to moderators)

So I made for you a little model pack (and I'll will make more in the future) of weapons, actually it isn't much because I'm a newbie in moddeling so if you want a real artist you better look somewhere else.

Please note that all models are in .ms3d format.

The pack includes:

- Hand model without texture (make it urself its easy :P)
- O.I.C.W. model with texture
- Revolver model with texture (S&W ~ magnum like)
- Shotgun model with texture
- Smg model with texture (a bit similiar to Half-Life 2 one)

And thats all lol. My target was : cool looking - and only few polys =] Archive has just 0.5 mb.

Here is the link :
http://rapidshare.de/files/27324415/wea ... s.zip.html

And btw. here are some screens:

PS If most people will prefer other format I could make some exports but for now I'm a bit busy. I lost so much time on posting this little topic =P.
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

PS There are no animations because that is always dependent of the designer and how he would like to have animation supported.

But as for the shotgun and revolver this models were created with 2 parts.

Shotgun has the switcher and revolver a 'separate' roulette on it - so you guys can easily add some bacis animation with one 2 joints to make it rock lol.

Also as in the archive - license:

Free for all and for all purposes, credits are welcome but not necessary.
Anteater

Post by Anteater »

Cool! Can we edit them as well as use them?
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Yes I wrote one post up that they can be used to anything and edited as you like for free. :)
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

looks nice..
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
JP

Post by JP »

Wow they look cool dude! Cheers!

It says the download session is invalid... rapidshare always does this to me! :cry:
Image Image Image
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Thanks thanks (renders always look a bit better =P)

Now avaible on megaupload.com too if someone have problems:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3TDJOHDE
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

Wow nice dawasw!

That game of yours is gonna look great.

btw how do you create such cool gun textures, and did u use any refrence pics for the modelling? i would love to see some of the tutorials that taught you those awsome texturing skills.

I can model, UV and animat but sadly im really bad at texturing so im looking forward for the tutorials that taught you or you teaching us some of your talent :D
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Lol guys this are just simple models =]

As for texturing omaremad yeah I had a great bunch of tutorials hmm I'm quite not sure but maybe they were from psionic 3d but anyways I learned whole milkshape and 3d modelling stuff thanks to this tutorials (I think it was psionic because I really can't remember where I found it exacly lol)

Yeah I use reference textures a lot, but atm Im working on 'new' Lotr release (or rather something kinda similiar) and I have done some great models to this game (including characters) and they don't look as great as they could be but they really are that what I wanted them to be, so Im proud of myself that my character models are not that bad (but still very very low poly - I try not to go over 1000 polys )

I don't know omaremad If you modelled character yet - but to make quite good looking one and still low poly with 600 triangles lets say - it takes quite a lot - and without good artworks huh ... :P (and as I remember good you moddeled some soldier once so you know the pain)

But I think that after more experience I'll move to a bit better program and I wish to buy a 'small 3d draw board' (sorry I dunno exacly name in english :P) and that could rock. (and as I seen few cheaper ones they are not that expensive and quite good for beginners)

Omg why I write so much :P , I'll better go look to next parts of Spellbinder series 1. That's why I'm so busy atm XD and the temperature of air is T-T horrible hot like boiling soup arhg.
omaremad
Competition winner

Post by omaremad »

yeah i tried to make a model for my game but yet again i got stuck in the GIMP part, what program did you use for the textures.

anyway my last model is paused till i improve my skills, 980 polygons

i looked around pisonic but still i read them all before

i guess i lack the talent to do art :(
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

Oo it looks nice, well actually when you will apply nice texture you will have a great model - never look at the effect after designing the fence of the model ;)

I use Paint Shop Pro 8 for textures and stuff.

And I apply texturing in Milkshape3d too its very easy if you know how to use it properly. (you just select a group of faces that you want to make a specific part of a texture and remap these faces on texture coordinates)

Actually GIMP is nice but it sometimes drive me crazy with this User Interface - its a bit chaotic I would say.
Electron

Post by Electron »

nice stuff dawasw
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Mecharius

Post by Mecharius »

Hey dawasw,
Nice models - not bad for a newbie!!!
:P
JP

Post by JP »

I tried using two of the weapons but it couldn't find the textures, i'd placed them in the same folder as the model file.

Here's the errors i got:
Could not open file of texture: .\oicw.bmp
Could not load texture: .\oicw.bmp

Any ideas what's going wrong? (Windows XP btw)
Image Image Image
dawasw

Post by dawasw »

To be honest I don't know what can cause this bug. Maybe path is wrong or something ?

Models work good for me.