3DS Person Needed

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
CoolBrinkman

3DS Person Needed

Post by CoolBrinkman »

Ok, so I am editing the example that came with Irrlicht named "SpecialFX". It grabs the shape from the .3DS file and applies the wall.jpg to it.

Now I have changed the shape that is in the .3DS file by lining up the vertexes so that it makes a box (room)...But now I have realize that it is not as easy as I thought. I thought that I could just create a square in 3DS Max 8 and then export it, but I was wrong. It only applies the wall texture to the outside of the box, not inside. Is there any way to get the items that I make in Max8 to look like the one that came with Irrlicht, and apply the texture to the inside?

Sorry if thats confusing, I'm sorta confused myself. :(
This is what I had to do.

I had to extrude just to get something like this. The red area are the faces that I extruded back.

After I extruded, then I loaded it up with the engine.

Can somebody help? I'm willing to try and explain more.
Dirtbiker

Post by Dirtbiker »

What I do in my modeling program is Flip All Faces. That way the faces are told to face inwards and render only the inside.
Not sure how you do that in Max.
CoolBrinkman

Post by CoolBrinkman »

Thanks a bunch! I was thinking that I have seen a 'Flip Normals Mode' button somewhere, but it didn't work the first time so I had given up.

Thanks again. :D