DOF Shader

You are an experienced programmer and have a problem with the engine, shaders, or advanced effects? Here you'll get answers.
No questions about C++ programming or topics which are answered in the tutorials!
mkawick

DOF Shader

Post by mkawick »

There is some talk of a Depth of Field shader for IrrLicht. However, I haven't found any source whatsoever. I'd like to see someone's implementation of of a DOF shader for HLSL if one exists. If not, can someone show me how to create a stencil buffer onto which I can render the DOF.

Best would be a full working sample.

Thanks ahead.

Mickey Kawick
Radikalizm

Re: DOF Shader

Post by Radikalizm »

Implement a post-processing setup which allows you to alter the rendering output irrlicht provides you, and then write a DoF post-processing shader to use with it
There are plenty of tutorials out there for doing a DoF post-processing effect, so google is your friend

I remember there being some post-processing frameworks around here somewhere some time ago, but I don't know how up-to-date they are and whether they're any good
I didn't really like the last one I tried (this was some time ago though) so I implemented my own
RdR
Competition winner

Re: DOF Shader

Post by RdR »

Here a PostProcessManager with alot of shaders (HLSL and GLSL)
http://irrlicht.sourceforge.net/forum/v ... hp?t=43743