Treemagik Anyone?

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
Seliris

Treemagik Anyone?

Post by Seliris »

Is anyone using the full version of this program? How many polygons are the trees actually using?
Hug your compiler today!
Seliris

Post by Seliris »

I went ahead and bought this program (as well as plant life) from aliencodec.

It's terrific but a little complicated for making things loadable in Irrlicht. You have to export the models as .obj and then convert them through another program (I used wings 3d since its freeware) and then load them up in 3D studio max and set up an alpha layer in the opacity map channel to get the bill-board for the leaves to come up right.

I will get some screenshots up in just a second... I tried to do a full moving video capturing through FRAPs but the engine completely locks out when I load the video recorder.

Appearantly "Guild Wars" also used Treemagik for their trees. I'd highly recommend this to anyone that wants to avoid the redundant work.
Last edited by Seliris on Tue Jun 28, 2005 2:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hug your compiler today!
Seliris

Post by Seliris »

These are some of the more low budget materials... but they show the kind of trees you can get out of this (they're around 1,000-2,000 polygons).

[/img]
Hug your compiler today!
Electron

Post by Electron »

looks decent. But will need major LOD to be usable in games
You do a lot of programming? Really? I try to get some in, but the debugging keeps me pretty busy.

Crucible of Stars
Xico

Post by Xico »

Hi, how you get the font with that black border?
Myth

Post by Myth »

THat's from the record program fraps it shows the framerate. fraps is to make screencaptures etc. It's not in his program.
JOIN MY (100mbs 2x 3GHZ CPU) IRRLICHT FORUMS
http://irrlicht.halo4you.com/forums/
For all your programming quesitons and irrlicht ones!.

My fan site: http://www.halo-center.com