Hi All,
I have just built Irrlicht on linux and wanted to try the first example - in code::blocks, but I got following error:
.objs/main.o: In function `main':
/media/Data/01SourceCode/99_extras/irrlicht-1.5/examples/01.HelloWorld/main.cpp:130: undefined reference to `irr::createDevice(irr::video ...
Search found 12 matches
- Tue Jan 27, 2009 6:29 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: compiling problem - code::blocks (ubuntu)
- Replies: 1
- Views: 441
- Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:40 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: move object with mouse hints?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 778
- Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:36 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: move object with mouse hints?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 778
move object with mouse hints?
Hi,
does anybody have some hints, maybe examples for moving objects with mouse? (for example when I click on button the button will go a bit Z-axis).
does anybody have some hints, maybe examples for moving objects with mouse? (for example when I click on button the button will go a bit Z-axis).
- Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:49 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Basic performance question
- Replies: 6
- Views: 777
- Thu Jan 15, 2009 10:30 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Basic performance question
- Replies: 6
- Views: 777
You'd probably get better performance if you just rendered it all as one model. That would take up slightly more memory as you'd have the screws 4x in the model so lots more vertices etc but doing it all in one draw call instead of 5 would be better (though i don't know how much of a performance ...
- Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:55 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Basic performance question
- Replies: 6
- Views: 777
Basic performance question
Hi,
I would like to ask that what is the 'best performance way/method' for multiple objects? - Or in other words how you would make this?
1 - Main panel
- one '.obj' model (loaded as ISceneNode) with texture ( 8 vertices + speed 2080 fps)
2 - Panel screws
- one '.obj' model of one screw ...
I would like to ask that what is the 'best performance way/method' for multiple objects? - Or in other words how you would make this?
1 - Main panel
- one '.obj' model (loaded as ISceneNode) with texture ( 8 vertices + speed 2080 fps)
2 - Panel screws
- one '.obj' model of one screw ...
- Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:00 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: how to make faces look smooth?
- Replies: 5
- Views: 975
how to make faces look smooth?
Most probably really a begynner question...but how is that possible - make the faces look smooth?
- Wed Jan 14, 2009 6:38 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: loading and working with .obj file
- Replies: 3
- Views: 588
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:49 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: loading and working with .obj file
- Replies: 3
- Views: 588
loading and working with .obj file
Hi, please can you help with this one?
I have created a scene in Blender - let's say 5 objects (5 cubes). I have exported them to .obj file and loaded to irrlicht. I can see the whole scene - that is no problem.
The problem is that how can I 'work' with objects in the scene? For example I want to ...
I have created a scene in Blender - let's say 5 objects (5 cubes). I have exported them to .obj file and loaded to irrlicht. I can see the whole scene - that is no problem.
The problem is that how can I 'work' with objects in the scene? For example I want to ...
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:18 pm
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: small cockpit flight simulator
- Replies: 3
- Views: 772
small cockpit flight simulator
Hi All, I'm new at Irrlicht but experienced with Blender. I would like to make a small cockpit real time simulator. I would like to do the basic modelling in Blender and then export it Irrlicht. There I would like to make real-time shadows add functionality to objects (in the imported model ...
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:00 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Irrlicht.dll not found (MVSC++ 2008)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 623
- Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:20 am
- Forum: Beginners Help
- Topic: Irrlicht.dll not found (MVSC++ 2008)
- Replies: 2
- Views: 623
Irrlicht.dll not found (MVSC++ 2008)
Hi All,
I feel very bad to ask this question but when I enter the code from the 'Hallo world' tutorial I'm getting 'This application has failed to start because Irrlicht.dll was not found.'
I have tried to do everything correctly but still.
Point is that when I open the Hallo World example ...
I feel very bad to ask this question but when I enter the code from the 'Hallo world' tutorial I'm getting 'This application has failed to start because Irrlicht.dll was not found.'
I have tried to do everything correctly but still.
Point is that when I open the Hallo World example ...