vb.net and physics engine

Irrlicht.Net is no longer developed or supported, Irrlicht.Net Cross Platform is a much more complete wrapper. Please ask your C# related questions on their forums first.
kneri

vb.net and physics engine

Post by kneri »

Hy
I am very confused in using irrlicht with a physics engine.
Has somebody some sort of tech-demo written in vb.net or c# using irrlicht.net and ode.net or newton.net :?:

.. and can sombody tell me what engine is the better one for the use with irrlicht.net :?:

My primar use of the physics engine would be player movement and rigid body things ..
:D
thx

p.s. i am sorry for my english
liberostelios

Post by liberostelios »

I am currently working on converting the "Getting Started" tutorial of Newton .NET Wrapper for VB .NET but I got stuck as I don't know which method to use unstead of "memcpy" that is used on C++. If anyone can help it would be very good.
liberostelios

Post by liberostelios »

It seems everything done OK until now except that I can't find out the structure of the matrix. Please give me some help!
liberostelios

Post by liberostelios »

Done! I made it work! So I can create a tutorial for using Newton .NET Wrapper with VB .NET if you like.
kneri

Post by kneri »

liberostelios wrote:Done! I made it work! So I can create a tutorial for using Newton .NET Wrapper with VB .NET if you like.
great! Can i have the source??
ComputerWhiz

Post by ComputerWhiz »

I would also be interested in seeing the tutorial.
slaaitjuh

Post by slaaitjuh »

same here
sgt_pinky

Post by sgt_pinky »

I have found that ODE works nicely with .NET. I was using the wrapper for ODE 0.5 that I found here:

http://www.thejamesrainenetwork.co.uk/ode/ode.html

But there was a new release of ODE (0.7), and I recently found a wrapper for that too, but have not yet tried it:

http://www.pepperboy.net/ode.asp

Not sure of the implication of "uses the XNA framework math". I am using the DirectX 9 SDK (Feb 2006) with the ODE 0.5 wrapper.

Cheers,

Pinky
Intellectuals solve problems - geniuses prevent them. -- Einstein
#irrlicht on irc.freenode.net
jingquan

Post by jingquan »

Well, any updates?