Again .x problem

If you are a new Irrlicht Engine user, and have a newbie-question, this is the forum for you. You may also post general programming questions here.
piko84

Again .x problem

Post by piko84 »

I have problem with my model. I build it in max add bones (no IK), skin and set up envelopes. Then I export it using Panda Exporter. When I put my model in DX Viewer everything is ok. Model looks good and animation is also ok. But when I put it in Irrlicht model is mesed up and animation is incorrect. Could someone tell me what might be wrong? I know that Irrlich don't support IK so I dont use them. Maybe Irrlicht has a bug with envelopes or something. Help me please. Tell me what can i use during modeling. Maybe something is wrong with keyframes->how they must be used.

Sorry for my english. :roll:
bcronje

Post by bcronje »

On the same note I also would like to know what 3ds Max .x exporters are you guys using? Also what are the prefered settings that actually work with the exporter you are using. We've also had major headaches trying to get Panda exporter to work with animations.
sudhir123

same problem here with animated .x meshes

Post by sudhir123 »

I am also facing the same problem. The mesh is displayed deformed and without animation.

I am using panda exporter and kilowatt exporter with 3ds max 8.
armzajetset

Post by armzajetset »

try to open your .x model file in dx meshview and then save it agian before you import to your project ^^.
Image Irrlicht NewBie~*
bcronje

Post by bcronje »

armzajetset wrote:try to open your .x model file in dx meshview and then save it agian before you import to your project ^^.
Problem is the latest DirectX SDK does not include Meshview. It includes DirectX Viewer which does not have a save function :?
bcronje

Post by bcronje »

For those interested, finally found a download of an older DX SDK that still includes MeshView.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en
Strong99
Admin

Post by Strong99 »

I have the same problem with Max but with the new panda exporter in 9 the skeletons are also exported as mesh and those interupt with the mesh itself