3D character MODELLING - First King Project

Post your questions, suggestions and experiences regarding to Image manipulation, 3d modeling and level editing for the Irrlicht engine here.
lostanimator

comments on vermeer's proposals

Post by lostanimator »

Well, considering all your comments, I think, it'll be more practical to make a more femenine figure, and an athlectic version as an add-on layer, or something of the sort, just in case someone wants muscular shapes.

I'm working on the anubis rigging at the moment, and I finally fixed the alignment problem I had with the wrist. Soon will be posting usable versions, as we test the animation export process.
e^x

Post by e^x »

Loastanimator, to avoid problems with the mesh in 3Ds max (two vertex on a same point, etc) use the modifier STL Check.
Exponentially evolving. Leaving behind the obsolete...
e^x

Post by e^x »

I've been working a little on the base mesh of the main character. Although the concept wasn't finish yet, I've decided to make a base mesh fairly simple, and then re-adjust based on what the team will decide.
Also I'll be re-using a model of a m-9 beretta I did a couple of months ago.

After finishing the base mesh with all the props (belts, gun holster, etc) I'll bring it to Zbrush to add complex details. Also I've played a little with the look of some soldiers, using the same base mesh for the head and then changing details here and there, but sadly they don't really look Egyptian :P

Also, I had the base mesh of my previous model , which I was thinking we could use for the female that I don't know yet which role will she be playing? :P

[/img]Image

But we'll have to re-adjust the face (My previous model was Asian so I highly doubt she'll fit here, but who knows :wink:

Right now I'll keep working on the main character base mesh, and I'll show the result as soon as I can (and have some time)

Later

(I for got to mention there was some nudity, oh well, sorry kids, you can't watch :P )
Exponentially evolving. Leaving behind the obsolete...
Virion
Competition winner

Post by Virion »

this is awesome. :o nice one.
JP

Post by JP »

Yeah nice work e^x, looking forward to these models actually being put in-game so we can see them running around, reckon that'll be pretty cool!
Image Image Image
MasterGod

Post by MasterGod »

Very impressive work, really professional. Nice.
Dev State: Abandoned (For now..)
Requirements Analysis Doc: ~87%
UML: ~0.5%
stallina

Post by stallina »

Would a cheap downloadable OEM copy of 3ds max 2009 be genuine? A copy of 3ds max 2009 costs around 5000 US Dollars at our local software store. However, I am able to buy a copy on-line that is only downloadable and OEM. I know about the legality of OEM version. But I would like to ask, would this copy be having a serial number of its own like a real copy that is recognized by developer Autodesk?
vermeer

Post by vermeer »

(stallina, don't put a buck on that...is just as not legal... just like piracy.. EULA says clear...Imo is simply the same, just they even make you pay...)

Nice models :)
Finally making games again!
http://www.konekogames.com
Mel
Competition winner

Post by Mel »

Those look great! keep it up! :)
"There is nothing truly useless, it always serves as a bad example". Arthur A. Schmitt