FXAA

Discussion about everything. New games, 3d math, development tips...
pippy

FXAA

Post by pippy »

Would't it be great if irrlicht had this on by default?

http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2011/1 ... -fxaa.html
hendu

Re: FXAA

Post by hendu »

No, because Jimenez's MLAA looks better ;) I find FXAA blurs too much, and the comments in that article seem to agree. SMAA is an improved version of their MLAA algo, I haven't yet implemented that though.
Radikalizm

Post by Radikalizm »

hendu wrote:No, because Jimenez's MLAA looks better ;) I find FXAA blurs too much, and the comments in that article seem to agree. SMAA is an improved version of their MLAA algo, I haven't yet implemented that though.
MLAA is on my to-do list too, hadn't looked into SMAA yet
It's way back on the to-do list though, so it'll be a while before I start working on it
hendu

Post by hendu »

SMAA 1x is a little slower and better quality than the earlier MLAA. The higher modes are both much slower and much better quality (still relative, even the slowest is faster than MSAA).
REDDemon
Developer

Post by REDDemon »

I tried both MLAA and FXAA. They are both good. Depending on the case one or the other looks better. You have lots of parameters for configure those PPAA. I really like FXAA for Xbox on PC because is fast.. On lower resolutions MLAA looks a bit better (just my opinion)
Junior Irrlicht Developer.
Real value in social networks is not about "increasing" number of followers, but about getting in touch with Amazing people.
- by Me
Cube_
Location: 0x45 61 72 74 68 2c 20 69 6e 20 74 68 65 20 73 6f 6c 20 73 79 73 74 65 6d

Post by Cube_ »

Well... MLAA is nice. but costly. FXAA is to blurry. but so far SMAA seems nice.
more reading?
http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/
"this is not the bottleneck you are looking for"